cain and cain abbey anyone hear these

joessportster

i have had limited sessions with them in the past in less than perfect set-ups and even set up less than perfect set-ups i could tell the speakers had some really nice qualities, i found what has to be one of the ugliest pair around (accorging to the wife) and brought them home this morning hooked them up and all i can say is wow these things really project a soundstage and the bass is much better than expected.i have more listening to do so i will close this off but here is a pic for you all to make fun of OR NOT[+o(].

Terry Cain speakers are well known among the single driver/full range crowd. I have a pair of homemade TQWPs with some really basic 5 1/4" drivers that sound amazing for their size. I use them in my home office, currently with a NAD 7125.

tubes are all i use now, i have tube everything hell if they made tube speakers i would probably have those as well[:D], currently using a emotive audio erato pre with cary 845 amp, and electrocompient cd, right now it sounds like the talon khorus are getting a run for the money when it comes to everything except bass but i will need some more time to flesh that out

Joe

i really wanted the ben also but they never show up around me, and sponge you are first on the list if / when i decide to sell.....but you must get approval from the other half i want no madwomen looking for me[:o]

pete i agree they are fugly but from what i can see it should be an easy refinish the bottom plates are screwed on as is the disc that the driver sets in so esentially you would have a long flat box that needs 3 sides stripped and lightly sanded (i hope) and take them back to natural maple ( the maple more than likely didnt soak up to much blue with its dense properties and grain)

Joe