looking for klipsch surround that match the klf series

yamaklipschman9.1

i just spoke to rob at klipsch tech support about this. i was asking for klf 20 and c7 matches. what he told me is this, surround speakers really don't matter all that much. the only thing that matters is the front 3 matching. the rears usually produce sound effects so they don't have to match anything..... theres nothing to match. they just have to work and reproduce the sounds. now i am sure someone will chime in and say all X speakers are best because they are the same. the cold hard fact is 70% to 80% of the entire movie is played through the center channel. so if you think about it, that means 30% to 20% percent of the rest of the movie is divided up between 6 other speakers. you are not getting a whole lot of info to those rear speakers to even notice a difference.

i am not bashing anyone who wants to match all the speakers for HT, so please no one take it that way, just saying it's over kill. i am also not even mentioning any audio listening. i don't do that. i play the radio and watch movies, that's it.

i personally own a pair of rs-42's and they sound very very good. i have some posts around here that show my livingroom and you can clearly see them, and they are not even placed how they should be. (that's a whole other story, the only part that matters is that they are placed in the only position i can have them). i would get a pair of RS-XX and if you can place them 90degrees from you i would stick with a 5.1 set up. i would either buy rs-42's or rs-62's. the 52's and 42's are the same thing except the 52's are physically bigger. my little 42's compete very well with the big bad 7's and they are even bi-amped.

so to sum up the little soap box rant, get what ever surrounds you want. after listening to the new RS series, i would reccemend them over any other "surround" speaker.

have klf 10 and rc3ii center played with eq got them to sound and perform similar is this ok or should i try to get a klf c7 powering with a yamie htr 5990 have another problem have echo when watching movie on tv speakers and surrround. have 4 quintet surounds for rear sub ksw 10 bspeakers boston t 830 and 2 no name dipole as preasance

with the echo, did you turn off or mute the tv speakers? if the rc-3 sounds good to you, then keep it. the c7 would be a better timber match so that would be suggested more. again for the surrounds, they don't matter all that much. the new RS series is really good. very very clear, and really help with placement.

have klf 10 and rc3ii center played with eq got them to sound and perform similar is this ok or should i try to get a klf c7 powering with a yamie htr 5990 have another problem have echo when watching movie on tv speakers and surrround. have 4 quintet surounds for rear sub ksw 10 bspeakers boston t 830 and 2 no name dipole as preasance

It appears you have quite the mismatched set and I would at least get your front 3 speakers in the same Klipsch line and work from there. I have the KLF 20s/KLF C-7 paired with RS-3 surrounds and it works great.

It appears you have quite the mismatched set and I would at least get your front 3 speakers in the same Klipsch line and work from there. I have the KLF 20s/KLF C-7 paired with RS-3 surrounds and it works great.

Like TKD, I had very good results using the RS-3's with KLF 30's and a C-7.

I also tried using a RC-3 (I have a full RF-3 setup) but it just seemed like it couldn't keep up. The center channel is very key cog in a HT environment that it didn't take very long for me to replace it with the C-7.

Good luck on your quest!!

JJ

• 3 weeks later...

i just spoke to rob at klipsch tech support about this. i was asking for klf 20 and c7 matches. what he told me is this, surround speakers really don't matter all that much. the only thing that matters is the front 3 matching. the rears usually produce sound effects so they don't have to match anything..... theres nothing to match. they just have to work and reproduce the sounds. now i am sure someone will chime in and say all X speakers are best because they are the same. the cold hard fact is 70% to 80% of the entire movie is played through the center channel. so if you think about it, that means 30% to 20% percent of the rest of the movie is divided up between 6 other speakers. you are not getting a whole lot of info to those rear speakers to even notice a difference.

i am not bashing anyone who wants to match all the speakers for HT, so please no one take it that way, just saying it's over kill. i am also not even mentioning any audio listening. i don't do that. i play the radio and watch movies, that's it.

i personally own a pair of rs-42's and they sound very very good. i have some posts around here that show my livingroom and you can clearly see them, and they are not even placed how they should be. (that's a whole other story, the only part that matters is that they are placed in the only position i can have them). i would get a pair of RS-XX and if you can place them 90degrees from you i would stick with a 5.1 set up. i would either buy rs-42's or rs-62's. the 52's and 42's are the same thing except the 52's are physically bigger. my little 42's compete very well with the big bad 7's and they are even bi-amped.

so to sum up the little soap box rant, get what ever surrounds you want. after listening to the new RS series, i would reccemend them over any other "surround" speaker.

I'm running KLF-20's, KLF-C7 and Polk Monitor 70 towers for rears. Was looking fror a pair of S-6's per the Klipsch recommendations, but really like the rears I have. I must agree with the others - front 3 are the most important with whatever your ears like and your budget can afford for the rest.