New toys- Cornwalls/mac amp

winchester21

Picked up my first heritage speakers today- beautiful set of Cornwalls with a mac 2105 amp. I see now what I have been missing.

I am sitting here enjoying a cold Pilsner urquell (the 3rd one) listeming to a new ZZ top DVD with my son.

These speakers are freakinfg ridiculious.

It doesnt get any better than this.

The meters are barely moving at this point. Wifey is pi&&ed. I used her Tahoe to go pick this stuff up in Ga yesterday. Left her without transportation. My Porsche has a stick and she can't drive it.The listening room/man cave looks like a hydrogen bomb went off in it. Old amps and wires everywhere until I decide where I am going to put these monsters. They are bigger and much LOUDER than I thought they would be. Check back with me after the dust settles and I have had a chance to really crank it up. Low profile for now.

I am using the pre out section on my Sony DA4300ES HT receiver at present. Believe it or not it sounds amazing both in 2 ch and HT modes which opens up a world class can of worms in my future system plan. I dont know whether to have separate HT(reference)/2Ch(Heritage) systems or trash the reference stuff and go to a total Heritage setup for both. This deal appeared suddenly and it was just too good to turn down. I am looking at preamps for the not so distant future. I realize that this is not the correct way to do things. However-This is a very acceptable situation and comes very close to a perfect HT/ 2Ch combo for not a ton of cash. I have listened to a number of reference systems in the 2ch mode and nothing comes close to this listening to music.

The meters are barely moving at this point. Wifey is pi&&ed. I used her Tahoe to go pick this stuff up in Ga yesterday. Left her without transportation

Oooooooh boy.....really takin' yer chances, now, huh???

Note to single men out there: It is best to acquire your Heritage BEFORE you get married/engaged/or are just hangin' out. That way she understands that the Heritage are part of the package. Now it's too late for winchester at this point (let's hope the damage isn't too severe or lasting), but the forum and it's posters always provide opportunity to show others how best to solve these problems before they occur, to which this example is no exception.

yea, that is the way I went, the HT runs with Altecs L,Ct, R with Cornwalls in back. 2ch runs the altecs, I use a Russound SDB 4.1 switch box w/2 amp input selector to control speaker selection. It works for me.

Niles selector 12 volt triggered for me. L&R Belles (with the rest) thru the AVR and then Harmony 880 tells the AVR to mute, 5 seconds later (no overlap) the L&R Belle switches to the Mc amp and 5 seconds later the 2 channel rig powers up using 12 volt triggered Niles AC strip. Opposite on the way back to HT. With the Peach I'll just burn a calorie or 2 and hit HT mode for pass thru.

Note to single men out there: It is best to acquire your Heritage BEFORE you get married/engaged/or are just hangin' out. That way she understands that the Heritage are part of the package. Now it's too late for winchester at this point (let's hope the damage isn't too severe or lasting), but the forum and it's posters always provide opportunity to show others how best to solve these problems before they occur, to which this example is no exception.

This is some of the most useful information! Thanks for the reminder Audible!

I purchased a KEF speakers system for my HT. They are some beautiful Speakers and I have no regrets. The Girlfriend (at the time) and I love them. A year later, I got rid of the GF and found my first pair of Klipsch Heritage Speakers. When I find a "new" GF, she will understand the La Scalas were here before she was!!! [:o] If she has a problem with that......the La Scalas will be here after she leaves! [:P]

Congratulations on the new Heritage speakers and the Mac Gear! A Fine combination!

Dennie

Wise words but one must understand priorities. I had to jump quick or the stuff would have been sold. How often do you see a good deal on a nice Mac and a minty set of Cornwalls?????? These deals are few and far between. In contrast, how often do you see women????? last time I checked the malls and bars were full of them. What to do?? GO FOR THE SPEAKERS!! She will get over it. You are correct in one area. Buy your stuff first and list it in the pre-nup.

Man Law # MC2105 PARAGRAPH B SECTION 7.1

I did the "after" method of acquiring my rig, but I had a unique advantage: A wife who LIKES the classic look of Heritage cabinets and shiny Mac chrome with glowing tubes[:D] Bought a pair of Belle Klipsch with her tastes in mind and she LOVES them.....

Now that's tough to find. Being fully aware of just how rare that is, I offer others the previously listed advice. I commend you, Mr. Winchester, for your fortitude - here's hoping she does get over it and does not attempt to challenge it. Remember that honey works better than vinegar in such instances, when and if you have a problem. Cleaning up the excess gear can't hurt either - do it BEFORE she asks you to.....[H]

That is a rig many could live with for life. I don't blame you for assuming the home-life risks.............hehehehe......

Wise words but one must understand priorities. I had to jump quick or the stuff would have been sold. How often do you see a good deal on a nice Mac and a minty set of Cornwalls?????? These deals are few and far between. In contrast, how often do you see women????? last time I checked the malls and bars were full of them. What to do?? GO FOR THE SPEAKERS!! She will get over it. You are correct in one area. Buy your stuff first and list it in the pre-nup.

Man Law # MC2105 PARAGRAPH B SECTION 7.1 Beer

and I would have preferred that the gal laid down the law and said NO Way. If that had happened that setup would still be in Georgia, at my house. You are way wise, early bird gets worm. ENJOY!