The official recipe thread......

tommyboy

DownUnder73,

This is so easy/good it will make your head swing. Take a boston butt place it in a dutch oven. Add one cup of apple cider and one cup of vinegar. Top off with whatever season you like.(onion powder/garlic powder/cracked pepper/salt,,,) Next seal off the top of the oven with foil and seal to the oven, Next place the lid of the dutch oven over the foil to make a seal. Place in oven for four hours at 350 degrees F. Don't peak until four hours later. Next pull the pork by hand to make pulled pork sandwiches. AKA BBQ sandwiches if you wish. Or prepare pulled pork to be used and serve it with with crean style corn/slaw/baked beans, This works I have varied this recipe as time goes on. Impress your friends.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks Buddy72079 for your recipe.. My wife surprised me with SBW’s recipe last night and I must admit it was delish and the gravy was fantastic…

As it was a BIG hit at home my wife suggested that we will have pork next week as well, maybe sooner and we will try your recipe.. it sounds delishhhhhh. Thanks again.. Cant wait.

DownUnder73,

This is so easy/good it will make your head swing. Take a boston butt place it in a dutch oven. Add one cup of apple cider and one cup of vinegar. Top off with whatever season you like.(onion powder/garlic powder/cracked pepper/salt,,,) Next seal off the top of the oven with foil and seal to the oven, Next place the lid of the dutch oven over the foil to make a seal. Place in oven for four hours at 350 degrees F. Don't peak until four hours later. Next pull the pork by hand to make pulled pork sandwiches. AKA BBQ sandwiches if you wish. Or prepare pulled pork to be used and serve it with with crean style corn/slaw/baked beans, This works I have varied this recipe as time goes on. Impress your friends.

Hi there, I'm DownUnder73's wife, this recipe sounds great. Could you please advise how big the cut of pork is that you use? As I don't want to burn the roast :) I'll have to get the converter out for farenheit to celcius :) Thanks heaps.

• 3 weeks later...

tommyboy - love meatloaf... great link..thanks... simple ingredients also. I cant stand those recipes that have impossible ingredients, like southern eastern western pea shavings from some northern country that no one has ever heard of....

we will definitely be trying this meatloaf soon.

Old Fashioned

In an empty rocks glass place:

one sugar cube (or half a tsp)

one or two maraschino cherry(s)

one half slice of an orange

3-6 shakes of bitters depending on taste

splash of club soda

Using a muddler, smash the fruit and allow it to mingle with the soda, sugar and bitters.

Pack the glass with ice, and then fill to the brim with bourbon. Stir lightly and enjoy throuroughly.

tommyboy - love meatloaf... great link..thanks... simple ingredients also. I cant stand those recipes that have impossible ingredients, like southern eastern western pea shavings from some northern country that no one has ever heard of....

we will definitely be trying this meatloaf soon.

Although my meatloaf experience is limited, this is hands down the best recipe I've ever had! And you are right about the ingredients also!

• 3 weeks later...

I think this will be a great thread! Sorry if there's aalready one out there somewhere. I figure this way, if we all participate, we won't have to resort to cookbooks anymore! Anyway, here's my secret chicken recipe...... Oven fried chicken!

You will need:

1 1/2 cups potato flakes: instant potatoes, flavor your choice

1 teaspoon seasoned salt

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 cup melted butter

1 teaspoon water

1 egg

3-3.5 pounds cut up frying chicken ( I use boneless, skinless breasts)

Heat oven to 400. In large bowl, combine potato flakes, seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder and pepper. Add butter, mix well. In medium bowl, beat water with the egg

Dip chicken ieces in egg mixture; coat all sides with potato flake mixture. Place chicken, skin side up, in ungreased13*9 inch pan

Bake for 55-60 mins. Now, this is where you have to watch out. For breasts, it's more like 25-30 mins.

I know it may sound like shake n bake, but it's SO much better! This is the dish I make when we have unusual company over for dinner.......

I think this will be a great thread! Sorry if there's aalready one out there somewhere. I figure this way, if we all participate, we won't have to resort to cookbooks anymore! Anyway, here's my secret chicken recipe...... Oven fried chicken!

You will need:

1 1/2 cups potato flakes: instant potatoes, flavor your choice

1 teaspoon seasoned salt

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 cup melted butter

1 teaspoon water

1 egg

3-3.5 pounds cut up frying chicken ( I use boneless, skinless breasts)

Heat oven to 400. In large bowl, combine potato flakes, seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder and pepper. Add butter, mix well. In medium bowl, beat water with the egg

Dip chicken ieces in egg mixture; coat all sides with potato flake mixture. Place chicken, skin side up, in ungreased13*9 inch pan

Bake for 55-60 mins. Now, this is where you have to watch out. For breasts, it's more like 25-30 mins.

I know it may sound like shake n bake, but it's SO much better! This is the dish I make when we have unusual company over for dinner.......

I hope this attachment works.

cookbook.pdf

I have stepped into my husbands group here, but I have to share this. You never just open a bottle, you always have to share a little with what you are cooking. Especially if it is meat. There has never been a better tenderizer or flavor "adder" to meat and sauces as alcohol. Don't worry, the alcohol cooks out. But it makes a world of difference in many things you cook.

I have stepped into my husbands group here, but I have to share this. You never just open a bottle, you always have to share a little with what you are cooking. Especially if it is meat. There has never been a better tenderizer or flavor "adder" to meat and sauces as alcohol. Don't worry, the alcohol cooks out. But it makes a world of difference in many things you cook.

[Y] .... nothing wrong in adding a bit of cherry to the pot.... does make the world of difference IMO of course.

Gotta love ths time of year in the Carolinas. 75 degrees and watching the Masters with a martini in hand and tending the coals. Nothing earthshattering here....beautiful lamb chops and fresh asparagus. Simple marinade of lite soy, fresh garlic, rosemary, and ground pepper. The asparagus with a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt. The yard is looking good and so is my neighbors wife!

+1 on the Carolinas- Just finished off a Partagas Series D cuban. Can't have my first martini beacuse I might have to drive to the sushi bar. It is killing me. 75 degrees and the neighbor ladies are walking and jogging by in their skimpy outfits. That can be real good or REAL BAD!!!!! LMAO

Ready for a plateful of Raw Torro, Salmon, and sea bass and a cold glass of Sapporo or a nice reisling. Does not get much better

That sounds good winchester. I started early on the martinis and have yet to listen to the Quiksilver Horn Monos warm and waiting patiently in the next room. Just put the lamb on so maybe tunes by 8:00. The neighbor's wife loves to climb up in the Land Cruiser in a mini skirt just to give the old Tarheel a thrill. Thanks for not so small favors. Have a good night bud and be safe.