Emotiva XPA-3 hookups?

nezff

• Moderators

High Quality RG6 Digital Audio 24K Gold-Plated Cable w/ Fancy Connector

That is too funny. I love the "w/Fancy Connector". I've never seen a description like that. Any of those will work just fine. I don't think it will make much difference if you use the RCA or the XLR to RCA cable. Not sure you will really get a balanced input with it unless it has XLR on both ends. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The XLR to RCA adapter cable is really designed to connect equipment where one has only RCA and the other only XLR which need to be connected. There is no advantage of using it so I would use RCA cables with the Emotiva amp. When you have XLR at both ends you may benefit with XLR cables.

Any RCA cable will work, you can use audio (red/white) or video (yellow) or even component video (blue, red, green).

Too much to drink during the big game james?????? Devil

Nope just a few white russians.... [D]

Well I just stated that one because it comes with the (3) RCA cables that you need for the XPA-3. You can also just get two of these and not use one of the RCA cables.

All you need to get are RCA cables, the ones listed as Video are for that indeed a RCA connection, red and white, then the Video connection, yellow. It still comes down to it that it is a (3) RCA cable.

James

Yes

Here is the spec for these wires.

Specifications:

Color Coded: Green, Red and Blue Triple heavy-duty super shielded RG-6/U coaxial cables to maximum signal transfer and minimize interference. Gold plated RCA plugs to improve conductivity. Color coded and labeled for the luminance (Y) and chrominance (Pr, Pb) Signals. Solid center conductor: 18 AWG (1*1.02) Super shielding: 120 % aluminum foil + 9*16/0.12 TINNED COPPER Braid Fully molded construction. Excellent quality.

All (3) cables are the same, just color coded.

James

• Moderators

I chuckled too when I read "with metal fancy connectors", but hey, at least they're honest and don't tell you it'll make a huge difference!

Yeah, unlike other unnamed manufacturers. I think it's monster bologne if you ask me. LOL.

i got my xpa-3 and finally got to hook it up. I havent got my rca cable yet, so I used my 2 12 foot sub cable for my front right and front left. Ok, one problem i see is the humming or buzzing coming from the speakers. The sound is also pretty good. My dilemnia is, Is the sound $500 better? IMHO it is good but not $500 better. I can get great sound just from my pioneer elite also. If I cant get my buzzing or humming problem fixed, I will probably return this unit and get a refund. For a little better sound and a humming or buzzing problem, I think it is a pretty good unit