Speakers from Lowes

endover

I just had my b'day and I got a $100 gift certificate from Lowe's. The problem is that I'm in pretty good shape as far as tools go but I need to downsize my speakers in my drum room (WAF). I've got to give it to her since she's let me do almost everything I wanted in the family/movie room so I'm okay with getting smaller speakers when I practice drumming. Does anyone have any comments on these speakers from Lowes? I could eventually move them out to the patio/pool since they're outdoor rated. I can't believe I'm hearing myself actually requesting info on buying speakers from Lowe's but I'm already 2/3's of the way there with my gift certificate. I need to know volume capability (so I can hear it above my drums and quality of the sound).

On-Q/Legrand
Speakers Outdoor 5.2 PR OQ

Item #: 248223 Model: 364659-02-V1

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=248223-60784-364659-02-V1&lpage=none

Seems pretty good.........but what do I know. Here are some specs I found. Also, Lowe's seem to have a liberal return policy in case you didn't like them................JMHO.

Specifications

Power
Nominal Impedance 8 Ohm

Features
Minimum Frequency Response 65 Hz
Maximum Frequency Response 20000 Hz
Grille Color White
Detachable Grilles Yes
Type of Speaker(s) Outdoor
Amplification Type Passive

Driver Size
Driver Details Speaker : 1 x woofer driver - 5.25", Speaker : 1 x tweeter driver - mylar

Already have the nail gun so speakers it will be (unless something breaks in the house in the next couple of weeks).

I don't think the wifey would go for them mounted around my ears so Ithink I might try them off to the sides. If I like 'em(and can hear them above live drums), I'll mount them into the wall and if not...saaaaaave the receipt!

hard to tell how loud they can get without the db/watt/meter (effiency) spec.

let's look at it this way- what are you using NOW? Do you really think you'll be happy with two dinky speakers with 5 1/4" woofers?

Those patio speakers won't deliver much bass and if your hit the drums hard, they won't provide high db spl for long.

M

You're not likely to be able to hear those over a drum kit.

With a 6-1/2" woofer, these should play 6dB louder:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/571412-REG/Pyle_Pro_PDWR63_PDWR63_6_5_Indoor_Outdoor_Waterproof.html

This model generally goes for around $100pr, and with an 8" woofer should play 10dB louder, and have some bass: PDMN68

5133DR5SG2L._SS500_.jpg

http://reviews.cnet.com/separate-speakers/pyle-dryver-pro-pdmn68/4014-7869_7-30113648.html?zip=52302&x=24&y=19