HornEd is looking for another KLF C7

HornEd

Yes, fellow Klipschers... HornEd is in yet another tweak experiment. I have one C7 and I would like to add another to use as Front Effects speakers. Please, give me a chance to replace the SB-2's with another Legend. I have tried SB-2's and KLF-10's... but I have an inkling that a C7's are the right speaker to embellish six KLF-30's. I have cash green money... and an appreciation of a fair price. cwm25.gif HornEd

===========================================

Brain MUST Be Engaged Before Shifting Into EAR!

===========================================

"Where Klipsch Legends Cavort Six Ways to Someday!"

FOREGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main

SB-2's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

BACKGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround

LARGE MOUTH BASS:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra subs, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808

in constant homage of the Eternal Tweak!

Music Respite Room: Vintage Cornwall's in Transition

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome: On the road testing

well, you saw some of my ht pix, can you find a place where i can fit a hornEd center? if so, i have a c-7 available! Smile.gif avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15 in the house!!

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

It's hard to tell from the photo, Avman, but it looks like a KLF-39C(HE) would fit under your TV in your marvelous new HT environment... like it's only 14" wider and 3" taller than your C7... but, oh, what a difference it makes!

For the right kind of deal, I'll even through in a custom made HornEd motor board. I built a lot of innovative computer related things for the State of Louisiana and "Cooney" clients... but having a HornEd center in the Big Easy would be a joy beyond. Give my regards to the Mecca Crewe!

I'm sure I can pick up a C7 somewhere, Avaman... I just want to see you take that last step and go beyond leather! cwm32.gif HornEd

PS: Avman, I brought the posted photo into PhotoShop and did some onscreen calculations. It fits! There is plenty of room between the walls and under your TV, but it may hang over your TV stand by a tad. cwm35.gif

This message has been edited by HornEd on 02-11-2002 at 08:21 PM

Tom, thanks for the link... but it was gone by the time I got there. The last several C7's I have gone after have been in oak... which matches my Cornwall music system... but the HT is all black. It seems Florida is a hot spot for C7's... they are much harder to find in San Francisco. I would be willing to drive a couple hundred miles and pay green money to pick up a C7 in good condition.

I think the C7 is a great speaker put I truly suspect it will do much better as a Front Effects speaker than trying to keep up with the KLF-30's on 5.1 IMHO.

Thanks again, Tom, I'll try to be quicker next time.

cwm36.gif HornEd

HornED

Will have a 3 week old C7 in medium oak finish for you

provided that a deal I am working on for an Acadmey works out---should know by end of the week--but would need to take delivery of the Acadmey first to verify it is a true "keeper"---so by early next week---will know for sure.

By the way----how does one interpret Klipsch serial #'s as to the date of mfg? (most mfg's code these to indicate at least a month and year production date)

Tks Dave S

That might work, Dave, keep me posted. As to the date of manufacture, Klipsch has moved through several different systems over the years. Any particular speaker you are trying to date? Hmm, I didn't mean that to sound quite so romantic... but cwm38.gif those Klipsch speakers! HornEd

PS: I've updated this post with the meandering Klipsch formula for coded dates. Hope this helps. HornEd

KLIPSCH S/N FORMATS

DATES DESCRIPTION EXAMPLE

1946-1947 ### (001) ending #021

1948-1961 #### (0121) starting #0121

· Klipschorns of this vintage had the s/n hammer stamped into the tailboard, woofer access door or inside the woofer chamber.

1962-1983 ##letter#### (20Y1234)

1984-1989(?) YY WW #### (89281234)

1990-1997(?) DOY Y2Y1 #### (135791234)

1998-2000 YY WW #### (00281234)

1962-1983 Letter format

A=62 F=67 K=72 R=77 X=82

B=63 G=68 L=73 S=78 Y=83

C=64 H=69 M=74 T=79

D=65 I=70 N=75 U=80

E=66 J=71 P=76 W=81

1946-1961 dates can only be found in log book (eng. Library)

DOY= day of the year

YY=year (i.e. 99,00)

Y2Y1=2nd digit of year, 1st digit of year

WW=week of the year

Date code on drivers (1994) Example 9429 = 1994, 29th week of the year / YYWW

This message has been edited by HornEd on 02-13-2002 at 11:36 AM

HornEd

Thanks for all of the work on the SN#'s

Right now--looking for a pair of HeresyII's---but am at the point of probably just buying new (raw oak so I can finish to match some woodwork)--these will be side surrounds (have H-II's upfront that are about 1 year old)--not seeing much new HII's out there---lately the EBAy stuff is all 1985-87 (and alot of it not H-II's)

Are the II's important vs the regular H's?---looks like these end up selling for 500 or so delivered---so maybe better off with the new ones at $900 retail

Any thoughts appreciated---Tks Dave

thanks for the reply hornEd, i'll have to wait a while though, and i'm not sure of the esthetics of a '30' under the tv. i'm sure you'll find one.avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15 in the house!!

sony playstation 2

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

Avman, I understand your concern... I had some too... putting the grilles on helps... but, frankly, the sound is such an overwhelming benefit that even the "decor" freaks that come by now and then find it acceptable. You really have a great look to your HT room... someone definitely has taste to spare. Now, the challenge is to tastefully incorporate the KLF center. Not to worry about the C7, I'm sure a black one will arrive someday. Oh, I posted a photo of the interim "Seven Foot SVS Ultra Tower" in the Powered Sub section.

Thanks Q-man... I know the feeling... that's why I put my C7 in the "Klipsch Storage Room" that BobG has kidded me about.cwm20.gif

Dave, I just passed along someone else's work that I had saved. Glad it helped. Personally, I like the sound of vintage Heresy's... providing they have not been abused. The big advantage of buying new is that you can match the decor... and you have the opportunity to set the "abuse" pattern. However, unlike a few others on this board, I do not have a lot of Heresy time.cwm6.gif

It sure is nice having a board as helpful as this one. Thanks again PWK for starting the Klipsch family phenomenon... Happy Birthday and keep on rolling! cwm12.gif

Damn... I forgot about one-call... I just picked up an un-opened Oak KLF-C7 from a guy on ebay, but I was wanting Black... really tired of waiting, and the check from the sale of my RC-3 arrived yesterday.

Anyone here deal with One-Call? Some of these clearing houses get low ratings from consumers...

------------------

Klipsch Fortes, Oiled Oak

McCormack DNA-1 Power Amp

McCormack TLC Pre-Amp

Sony 5-disc changer

NHT SA3 Subwoofer Amp

Hsu TN1220 Subwoofer

Old Akai cassette Deck

Akai AAR22 used as tuner

Nordost Solar Wind interconnects

Kimber 4TC Speaker Cable

(Future upgrades to include):

Klipsch Academy or KLF-C7 Center Channel

Klipsch RS-3 Surrounds

Outlaw 1050 AV Receiver

Thanks for the suggestion, Boa, I checked but they did not have anything at ubid. I might have been sorry if they did, because I followed up on John Albright's OneCall.com suggestion and bought a black C7 to match the one I bought new a year or so ago...

It cost a few bucks more than your ubid one, Boa, but I was willing to spend a little more to end the suspense! Of course, that ruins my chances at getting a "Rolltide Super Shopper" designation from T-T-K... now there is a guy who finds good deals!

John, thanks for the suggestion. I respect you from the posts you have made... and, thus, threw caution to the wind (well, a little) ad did the deed.

Hopefully, by next week the system will have two Legends for Front Effects again.

Oh, and Q-Man... hang on to it. You still have the system that makes me sit up and take notice. HornEd

I would have jumped in there with some info Ed but unfortunately I don't know where to find any C-7's right now.I do have a new one in black but am saving it for use or to sale with my spare KG5.5/C-7/KT-DS/SW12II HT rig.Did run across a dealer with some demo KLF-20's and 30's today though.A little too pricey for me.Good luck to ya!

Keith

Dsommerl, I am sad to report that of all the Klipsch speakers I have been able to enjoy... I don't know squat about Heresys... or where to buy them... and though I bought in some fairly strange places... I have not had the pleasure of "Hi Fi Supply." However, I do have confidence that if the right Klipsch Forum members glance at this thread... your questions will be answered.

Speaking of buying, I have aborted my purchase of a C7 from "onecall.com" in favor of a local in-the-box purchase that helped a Klipsch Forum member... and saved me enough to almost get an honorable mention in the "Rolltide Smart Shopper Sweepstakes."

I feel redeemed... $280 for this one in a sealed box... and $235 for the last one in similar condition gives me a highly efficient Legend Front Effects pair $515, no shipping, no taxes.

I have spent more money on my digital photographic equipment than my HT system... and about both of those systems combined on my high speed personal computer system... but the joy in my heart comes from the Klipsch in my HT, music room and motor home. Thanks PWK for making the most of the opportunity you perceived.

If it gets much better than its gotten, I don't know how I can stand it! cwm38.gif I only know that I will. HornEd

btw-what's with the vertically-oriented horn in the c-7?? when the speaker sits horizontally,the horn seems like it would spread the sound w/greater dispersion vertically than horizontally, the opposite of what you'd want-i think...input? avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15 in the house!!

sony playstation 2