Dustcaps

Phaseone

I have an HBR where the dust cap somehow worked itself loose, alcohol may have been involved. It has feathered apart at the glue seam about 120 degrees around. The coil is still intact, but it gives a nasty vibration now at certain frequencys. What would be an acceptable glue to anchor this back down? I had a spare woofer that is now installed, so I have time to make the repairs the correct way, if it can be done without crimping down sound quality. Any and all assistance appreciated.

I just had the same thing happen and ordered a botlle of glue from e-bay that looked like the same thing that was sold on partsexpress for speaker repair, it was just a few bucks cheaper. I removed the entire dust cap and glued it back on and the speaker is fine. FYI, this was my first dust cap repair and I don't claim to know anything about properly repairing speakers, but I did sleep at a holiday inn express. If someone can give some more technical advice, then I will be reading it also, but this worked for me and it sounds fine.

I had an "old school" pair of MTX Gold 10" subs in my vehicle for years and the dust caps started doing the same thing. I thought I'd blown a speaker. When I realized what the problem was, I used a little "Gorilla Glue" (awesome stuff) I glued them back down carefully. They worked like a champ for years afterward~