Klipsch Germany?

Chicago_Pete

Ok now my morning coffie went out the nose...

Last time in Berlin I made it a point to read the street sign at the hotel so I could get back.

Einbeinstrasse. Rather odd. Seemed most streets shared that name.

Dave

You ment Einbahnstrasse (one way street) Einbeinstrasse is one legged street.

You zilli Amerikanz. but a nice joke.

Yes, the vaguaries of a few letters... JFK stood in front of the
world in Berlin and proclaimed himself a jelly donut. Then Reagan had
to one up with "Ich bin ein Frankfurter..."

Dave

Last time in Berlin I made it a point to read the street sign at the hotel so I could get back.

Dave

Yes, the vaguaries of a few letters... JFK stood in front of the world in Berlin and proclaimed himself a jelly donut. Then Reagan had to one up with "Ich bin ein Frankfurter..."

Dave

Many of the Germans remember this! The "ich bin ein Berliner" although is I am a jelly donut , also it is solidarity to Berlin, which in those times was a very important thing. No one that I know of, some of which were at that speach, ever thought that he "made a fool of himself, quite the contrary he gave hope in times of troubles. If you ask east Germans of that time, "How was life?" it is something that we as Americans cannot understand. One of the biggest "jokes" was they did not have any fresh fruit. Banannas were "worth their weight in gold". Definately a different time.

Dave

Yes, the vaguaries of a few letters... JFK stood in front of the world in Berlin and proclaimed himself a jelly donut. Then Reagan had to one up with "Ich bin ein Frankfurter..."

Dave

Many of the Germans remember this! The "ich bin ein Berliner" although is I am a jelly donut , also it is solidarity to Berlin, which in those times was a very important thing. No one that I know of, some of which were at that speach, ever thought that he "made a fool of himself, quite the contrary he gave hope in times of troubles. If you ask east Germans of that time, "How was life?" it is something that we as Americans cannot understand. One of the biggest "jokes" was they did not have any fresh fruit. Banannas were "worth their weight in gold". Definately a different time.

Note I did not say he made a fool of himself. While what he said to Berliners was important, it was what it said to the Soviets that was most important. Basically, "An attack on Berlin is an attack on the USA." I remember this well as perhaps the high point of his presidency. Reagan (who is one of my favorites) made a fool of himself at Bitburg.

Dave

Note I did not say he made a fool of himself. While what he said to Berliners was important, it was what it said to the Soviets that was most important. Basically, "An attack on Berlin is an attack on the USA." I remember this well as perhaps the high point of his presidency. Reagan (who is one of my favorites) made a fool of himself at Bitburg.

Dave

Mabie it did not sound right but some people snicker at the "Ich bin ein Berliner" line, not the east Germans though. Yes it was a very important time in history. Regan (which also character wise was one of my favs.) is not even remembered that he was here by most.