What does this economic down turn mean to you in real terms

jacksonbart

Both the wife and I are in stable jobs. 401K is in the outhouse basement. Planning to do some remodeling..new kitchen stuff, new flooring throughout the house. Will do a lot of it myself. Also have a yard relandscaping project that needs ot get off the ground.

EDIT: Could use a bubble pick me up though!

Well the corporation I work for is doing well for the times but of course using the current crisis to stick it to the employees. Benefits have been cut, more work has been piled on and best of all at every meeting instead of management alluding to the fact that us working stiffs are easily replaced they just come right out and tell us that we had better be happy or we are out of there.[:(]

My 401(K), IRA and investments I've worked so hard to save over the years are in the toilet, and my dream of retiring early so I wouldn't have to take crap from management anymore? It has also circled the drain and gone down like the toilet paper after flushing.

But there is good news and that is I don't owe anything, I still do have a job and food on the table and I am thankful for that. I really feel for you guys who are struggling so much now.

Well the corporation I work for is doing well for the times but of course using the current crisis to stick it to the employees. Benefits have been cut, more work has been piled on and best of all at every meeting instead of management alluding to the fact that us working stiffs are easily replaced they just come right out and tell us that we had better be happy or we are out of there.Sad

My 401(K), IRA and investments I've worked so hard to save over the years are in the toilet, and my dream of retiring early so I wouldn't have to take crap from management anymore? It has also circled the drain and gone down like the toilet paper after flushing.

But there is good news and that is I don't owe anything, I still do have a job and food on the table and I am thankful for that. I really feel for you guys who are struggling so much now.

Just make darn sure you work hard enough so management gets their bonuses and tax free pensions.