Amy? Trey? Anybody: About the Klipsch HQ Building

picky

I've been in the building many times and I've seen and taken photos of it too, but in looking at the photo below that Klipsch has displyed on its flickr site, it JUST dawned on me: Is the front of the building purposely designed to resemble a horn-loaded, speaker enclosure? Hmmm... If so; clever folks you Klipschters! -Glenn

post-10177-1381944700687_thumb.jpg

Ok, I'm nobody, but the building was built for RCI - Resort Condominiums International, who relocated. I imagine their architect spec'd the design elements. I don't think Klipsch has made major modifications except to add the engineering wing and of course the anechoic chamber.

Front door horn only flared on one side. Maybe that's where Roy got the idea for the virtual boundary horn. Geeked

Well, JBL was doing that a long time ago. This is the early version of the Everest, using an asymetrical horn for the midrange. I'm sure other companies have done similar things.

Bruce

post-7149-1381944700874_thumb.jpg

Ok, I'm nobody, but the building was built for RCI - Resort Condominiums International, who relocated. I imagine their architect spec'd the design elements. I don't think Klipsch has made major modifications except to add the engineering wing and of course the anechoic chamber.

RATS! There goes my dream.....! [:S] I thought I was onto something! Thanks for the info, Brother Michael. -Glenn

PS: Since WHEN are you NOBODY???