New Klipschhead

winchester21

My oldest son- 24 -grad student in college-was bidding on some really heavy duty repair work at my house. Not sweeping the patio- We are talking crawl space- HVAC repair- cinder blocks shimming up sagging floor joists- gutter repair- ladder work- bad stuff. He came up with a novel idea. He would hand over his income tax refund from thi other 2 jobs- work for several weekends and take my used Kilpsch and other stufff off my hands!!!. So - bottom line- i have my home projects done- my son has a nice start to a system- Rf3s- high end kenwood integrated amp- Kenwood reciever- Sony HT receiver- needs repair- Definitive PF 15 sub- KV-2 center- JBL 100 bookshelf speakers- Mistubisi 36 " TV. Adcom CD player-recently repaired Sony DVD player. He is already talking upgrades after he gets his car fixed- Pretty cool.

good kid, very inventive approach.

Careful with shoring up the floor joists. I'd probably do more than just cinder blocks if there are several sagging joists. Pads, adjustable posts, and a beam are probably what's called for. I know, I need to do this to one wing of my place.

Michael

good kid, very inventive approach.

Careful with shoring up the floor joists. I'd probably do more than just cinder blocks if there are several sagging joists. Pads, adjustable posts, and a beam are probably what's called for. I know, I need to do this to one wing of my place.

Michael

Pads? Check!

Adjustable posts? Not necessary. Shims are fine.

A beam? Maybe for long spans, you might add a beam perpendicularly across the centers of several weak joists.

If the joists are rotten, you will need to get new joists and attach them to the old ones with some stout lag bolts.