Windows XP

JasonR

Hey Guys,

I just started running Windows XP with my 4.1 Promedia system, and my question is about getting all the speakers to work. I set the audio properties in windows to a quadraphonic setting, but still no luck. What am I doing wrong? This is a pain listening out of 2 of my the 4 satellite speakers. Thanks for the help.

JasonR

This message has been edited by JasonR on 02-16-2002 at 01:19 PM

Windows XP, hmmmm.....

Windows XP has cookies or some sh*t that doesn't allow you to use unregistered Software or Pirated software.

That little money-mongering bad haircut motherf***er Bill Gates can Kiss my *** on that Software.

Sorry if I couldn't help ya, the Pro-media boards are down below.

I would very much enjoy a dinner with Bill gates to ask about money-making stragities, but Microsoft can kiss my... I like Microsoft in the $$$ reguard, but I hate the way they treat "us", the "ants", or "sand on the beach."

LINUX - RED HAT

LINUX - SuSe

LINUX - MANDRAKE

LONG LIVE TUX!

IBM GIVES $2,000,000,000 A YEAR TO LINUX DEVELOPMENT! GO IBM!

MicrosoftSmash.gif

I hate to admit that I am using Windows Me right now. I will never BUY a copy of XP.

i love Linux but WinXP Pro is growing on me... but i will never get rid of my Linux Mandrake 8.1 Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

Microsoft!

I am currently voting for them via my pocket book, which is now closed. The LAST product I have or ever will purchase from them is Win 2000.

There are other computers in this world.

Now I feel better. Besides, spending money on music is far more rewarding but sometimes just as frustrating!

------------------

John P

St Paul, MN

for now though Smile.gif...

make sure that if there are any other cards, even onboard, that you have disabled them. then you will need to check something... some computers have this random glitch where you set it to 4.1 and it automatically (or quadrophonic) goes back to stereo, which is just stupid for lack of words. this is with WinXP BTW, i had it till i upgraded my drivers, make sure that you have done that, and run any patches you can get from Voyetra, they put out new drivers late January. http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/kb_ftp/585ftp.asp

if all else fails, completely uninstall the SC, restart your computer. use it alittle while, just a few minutes will do, turn it off, physcially install the sound card, then turn on, install using the latest drives i posted above, does this work? you have THE best sound card for music and dvd's out of the top four, and Voyetra has some of the strongest, most reliable drivers. try this out and let me know how it works out. also make sure to set the soud cards personal control panel to 4.1 or 4 speaker or quadrophonic, which ever they offer you. if you need, you can email me @ klipschter@yahoo.com. you can get more help if you post in the ProMedia section, or the Sound Card section found below.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

• 3 weeks later...

Mike,

If you mean that MS puts cookies on that won't let you use unregistered versions of their own software, I don't think it's true. XP Pro is probably the most stable OS they have come up with yet. Other than the little registration thing they make you go through (which takes all of about three minutes), it isn't that big a deal. I still use Win2K, although my son has XP Pro and Lightwave 7.0 (registered) on it. It works very well, and handles IRQs much better than 98se, ME. I only use Win2K because of driver availability for some of my audio hardware.

Maybe they will end up switching to a dongle like Cubase and Lightwave, and others.

Marvel

• 2 weeks later...

Don't have to register if you have Windows XP Pro Corporate. Which is nice! I also can give it to everyone.

------------------

Fronts----KLF 30's

Center----RC-3 II

Receiver--JVC RX-9010V

Rears-----Quintets

Sub-------RSW-15 + Basscube 15

TV--Panasonic tau 32 HDTV

DVD------XBOX

Tried to "upgrade" to XP from ME. Couldn't use my antivirus OR firewall OR my child's learning CD'scwm36.gif. Looks like that SOB Gates cwm16.gif has gotta wait 2 more nanoseconds for his next haircut. Hey Schmidty, can ya trow me copy of dat? Da boyz down at the coffee house was looking for two or tree copies. cwm1.gif

For $10 I would include Office XP Pro with Windows XP Pro Corporate, which in includes Word 2002, FrontPage 2002, Excel 2002, PowerPoint 2002, and Access 2002.

And for $13 I would include the other two and the Plus! version, all on three CD's.

I probably should not be doing this with the forum's resources since it was not designed for this reason, so please Email if interested.

I would take you up on that offer, but I have made other arrangements.

Schmidty, DO NOT charge for it, the Feds would have a much easier time busting your *** for software piracy. If you charge, you have just opened yourself a DOUBLE illegal business. Consider trading CD's (software, music, ect.) and not charging. Shipping for 3 CD's is under $2.00 if you go USPS. That is the smart, safe way to give software.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

That's OK. I was jokin' anyways. I got my ME running really nice now and just don't have the heart to reload and download programs and new drivers again. If ya ever wanna sell sometin' again, jus' lemme know. SOUNDJUNKIE@FBINEWHAVEN.GOVcwm8.gif

This message has been edited by SOUNDJUNKIE on 03-31-2002 at 08:37 PM