Attention SVS Owners

dougdrake2

I know several of us on the board have SVS subs, and I didn't know if you'd seen this thread on the Home Theater Forum about a driver upgrade being offered by SVS, with a rebate when you return your old driver...

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=7468cad9e78d29fce7667c140ebef448&threadid=48345&perpage=30&pagenumber=1

Last I heard was that details should be available at www.svsubwoofers.com on the SVS News page by end of business day Monday, 2/18.

Doug

------------------

My System

Very good move from SVS,more output from their CS series subs.Now SVS stands alone as the output kings in the sub section. WOW the new driver looks like serious business.

Way to go SVS.

Now if SVS could improve on the SS driver a bit more and grace this monster with some extra linear. Wink.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

$100 bucks a woofer with $50 credit for return for the old one.

Sounds like a deal, I'm in when I have the cash.

My understanding was, that the newer driver wouldn't fit in the old Cylinder enclosures.

That guy's post proves otherwise.

Gee, whats up TV Tom?!

My 16/46 drivers have maybe about 50 hours on them Tom, still cherry!

The new drivers for the CS/PC will retro-fit into any of the older CS/PCs. The new dB12 driver in the CS+ won't fit in anything else.

I think the cost will be around $129 for the new driver, and we offer a $40 core "refund" if you send the original driver back. So it's about $89 + shipping to upgrade.

All CS/PC subs dated 12-17-01 or later on the baseplate(bottom of the baseplate)already have the new driver.

TV

Because I spent 6 months optimizing the driver to work as a *drop in* replacement Smile.gif

I think I first started working with it in may-2001. We didn't get the design nailed and drivers in inventory until mid DEC-2001.

We'll probably extend it for 2-3 months or so. We don't have any immediate plans for the returned (original)drivers...so I'm planning on building an infinite baffle with about 100 driver and maybe a dozen crown macro-reference amps this summer...

60,000 watts?

maybe a half dozen crowns...

TV

Yeah Mike, Let me know what you think.

The trip is, I do seasonal groundskeeping at Fairchild

AFB through a private contractor.

(Boy, was that strange there on last Sept11, hasn't been the same since, one way in, one way out, wotta

PITA!)

It's warmin' up but it's still Early, Early spring.

It could be April or May by the time I can afford to do such a Endeavor, by the time the paychecks are rollin' in, bills, Etc...

I don't know what I'm worried about, I have plenty of bass at the moment.(But....you know!)

I am currently running my 16/46's with a NAD 2100

power amp with a Audio Control bass EQ Crossover.

I go out the pre with a splitter into the EQ, to avoid

going through the EQ and into the main speakers.

this way the EQ only effects the Subs.

(It's too damn noisy through the Horns.)

Tons of Bass from a pretty wimpy power amp.

We are talking shaking rattling rip the trailer apart Bass, deep and smooth.

(The EQ is making a big help.)

People are Yammerin' away about Chorus's having no Bass? Park a pair of 16/46's next to them, it'll solve that problem.

Yeah Tom, BTW I got that NAD amp going that I emailed you in the past and said was Toast, it's Not!

Put in better trim pots, and rebiased it.

It works fine now.

(I still need to replace those power supply caps!)

THANX!

• 1 month later...

SVS has alerted me that I should be receiving my new Driver and BetterCables speaker wire some time today. After spending a little time with it, I will post a thread on what I think about the Driver. I may try it first with the generic 12ga Monster wire and then at a later time with the BetterCables wire...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems