RF62 Series System

mlploeger

A local audio store is selling the RF62 Series (RF62, RC62, RS52, & RW-10D) and a Denon 1909 Receiver plus the speaker wire and HDMI cables for PS3 and Sony 52" W Series for under $3000. My questions are:

1. Is this Denon receiver ample enough to power this set up?

2. Should i go with the 12" sub over the 10"? I feel the 10" will be plenty, but want to know others opinions.

3. Is this a good deal? This website has this setup (but with 12" sub) at $2900, not including a receiver.

4. Does anyone have experience with this receiver? I hear its difficult to set up and this would be my first home theater set up and so i am not an expert....yet.

5. Are there any other receivers in the same price range that are better suited/user-friendly that I might be able to switch in the package deal?

Thank you,

Mike

i think that is a good system but i think if u look online you can find a better deal on the whole system...i have never heard the rw-10d but i have the rw-12d and i love it...denons setups are tricky at first but if have any questions about it just post them on the forum and we will help you...last but not least i would spring for a receiver that has preouts to add an external amp...you may not think you need one right now but eventually you will be struck by upgrade bug and will want more ample sound

Go with the sub 12 for sure if you get this set up. Does flat screen come with it? If it does then it sounds like a good deal. You might see how much he would charge to upgrade th RF62's to the RF82's. If its not much more then go with the RF82's. Thats my 2 cents

1) It should be enough power; but I would personally like a little bit more

2) Yes, get a 12

3) Like said, you could probably get it a LITTLE cheaper

4) I don't have any experience with this particular receiver, but I did setup a friends Denon about 3 years ago. It was the most difficult setup I've seen in a receiver. I'd have to be persuaded to setup another Denon for free again

5) Pioneer has a couple receivers in that price range that are really easy to setup. MCACC auto setup does most of it for you. Also, if you don't mind buying used, you can get A LOT for a little money. Just ask Youthman!!!

Hope this helps you out!

I own the 62's and I can say that right now I am going throught the "I need more power" phase. Reason being I don't have any midbass. I have lots of everything else. I visited my local dealer where a tech savy speaker Rep. was there and told me that more power will equal a warmer sound. So I hooked up a pro amp for more power(put in 160 watts)and the sound was warmer, so I am in the hunt for something like a Marantz now. Yes, get the 12", you won't regret it, and if you can't afford to go to the 82's, don't worry, if you get the 12" sub, it won't matter much. Any great upgrade would be the 63's or 83's. MHO.

• 3 years later...

I live in Sweden and I got the RF 62 this weekend. It was a demo ex so I didnt get any box.

When I got home I found out that this was reference 4 , and the back label says RF 62 BK serialnr 11330153 and 11330274.

Looked at some images and it seems i bought the RF 62 not the MKII.

Are both RF62 and mkII produced at the same time?

My serialnr shows pruduction 2011 week 33 and the MK II started production 2010.

Should I return these and get me the MKII?

Leo welcome to the forum. You would be better off starting a new thread and not bringing up a 4 year old one next time. But it's all good being a new user. Not sure how much you payed for these but it definitely sounds like you got the older ones. Nothing wrong sight them however without knowing what you payed I would probably say return them. Putting together a whole home theater around an older speaker can be harder and is probably way harder over in Sweden. If you buy new rf-62ii's you can buy a matching rc-62ii center channel. Make sure call around to dealers to get the best price.

The price for one pair of RF62 Mk II in Sweden is 9990 swedish kronor.

I got the RF62 demoex for 5990 Sek /pair , so it was about 40 % price reduction.

I like the sound of them.

I haven't listened to the Mk II , but I definetly will do so.

Question : Do you think I payed too much for them?

That's about 1560.00 USD which would be very pricy in the States. Being that you're in Sweden however, it's hard to gauge with duties, freight, taxes, etc....The demo's equate to about 935.00 USD so given where you are may not be that bad.