Where to buy tubes online

TheEvan

www.Partsexpress.com sells tubes.

if you want a large assortment of used tubes found in closed down radio/tv repair shops, gov auctions (military used pulls), etc, the one man operations are a good place to go.

I 2nd Brent Jesse - he's a reputable guy with fair prices and his tubes show up as described. eBay used to be a great place to find nice tubes at good prices but word got out that $ could be made and every Tom, Dick and Harry started selling tubes. Most are just plain ignorant about tubes and you just don't know what will show up. There's always a few sellers that can somehow claim that the box of loose tubes or "pulls" they just picked up are still N(ew) O(ld) S(tock).

I used to enjoy going to the area hamfests where I found all the tubes I ever needed and had a great time chatting it up with the fellas but its becoming too competitive out there. The "re-sellers" show up early and pick out the best tubes while the tailgaters are still setting up - pissing most of them off in the process. The TG's finally got online and figured out what the re-sellers were doing and now the tubes are priced accordingly and just as ignorantly. The days of finding metal-base 6SN7's and the occasional 45 in the $1 box are long gone...sniff. Then again, maybe I'm just getting older.