Klipsch Fortè

Geppo

Hello from Italy.

I need help for my Fotrtè I speakers.I bought them used (without cabinet ) from Don Ramon Electronics Los Angeles ( someone knows? ) and I would building the cabinet.They arrived without the seal, I would like to know if it is provided or not.

Someone has ever opened Fortè or Heresy and saw if there are the seals?
Regards
Paolo

My only experience was with taking out the tweeter on one of my Quartet to replace a diaphragm. If I recall correctly, there was a gasket which fit between the back of the flange on the tweeter and the motor board, (front board) on which it is mounted.

I'm going to guess that the same is true on the midrange. Perhaps also with the main bass radiator and the passive radiator in the back.

In any event. It sounds like you are going to make up a box for the components. So let us discuss that.

It is important to have an air-tight seal in the box. The structure of the horns/drivers are such that they are sealed internally. However, you will need some sort of gasket to make sure that the intersection of the horn flange and board is sealed. The same for the woofer and passive.

The Klipsch product has a machine cut motor board and back board so that the flanges fit into a recess. That can be done with a router and guide. What you want to do is up to you and how complicated you want to get.

As far as making a gasket. You could use the weather stripping type suggested by CECA. However, I think you can make up something for the mid and tweeter using a sheet of some plastic-rubber foam. So you are cutting out a rectangle to match the flange.

Of course I don't know what you have in local stores. I used some material used to line tool drawers to make a very big gasket for the bottom hatch of a speaker box, Like a Belle or LS. The stuff was sort of gummy. It stuck to the paint and was a real problem when I wanted to open up the box.

If I had to do it again I would use the sheets of plastic foam which is sold to line the bottom of kitchen cabinets. Not gummy.

The material used on my Quartets is about 3 mm thick.

Wm McD

Good idea, thanks.

I have another question:

I made the rectangular holes for the horns but the magnet does not enter if mounted.There are shaped holes in the cabinet, or must be disassembled ?

Regards

Paolo