Pandora rocks!

joshnich

I know that this might not be news to a lot of you, but with the release of an IPhone app, I have discovered Pandora. I have known of Pandora for some time, but really have never used my computer much for streaming music so I really didnt investigate it. Adding the app to my IPhone has really opened my eyes.

Open a free account and then start building your own radio stations! Just enter the name of an artist you like and the software will stream a playlist with artists within the same genre. You then can continue to modify by giving each selection the thumbs up or thumbs down and the software takes that info into consideration for future songs.

You can open the account on the IPone or do on a computer and access it via the IPhone. With the IPhone ( or an ITouch IPod) I hook it up to my car stereo and viola I have radio stations that play familiar and new artists that I like streamed off the 3G network.

So far I have a Steve Earle radio station, A Bill Evans, and a Melody Gardot and I have been very impressed with the software generated playlists. Cannot wait to add some more favorite artists. Finally a radio station for the car that I like!

Josh

With the IPhone ( or an ITouch IPod) I hook it up to my car stereo and viola I have radio stations that play familiar and new artists that I like streamed off the 3G network.

You may want to be careful with that, in case AT&T has a fit about it. Also, isn't there a 5 gigabyte cap on the so called "unlimited"data plan, that if you exceed, could result in some pretty ugly surprised in the bill?

Coming from AT&T's Plan Terms:

We may, at our discretion, suspend
your account if we believe your data usage is excessive, unusual or is better suited to another
rate plan. If you are on a data plan that does not include a monthly megabyte/gigabyte
allowance and additional data usage rates, you agree that AT&T has the right to impose
additional charges if you use more than 5 GB in a month
; provided that, prior to the imposition
of any additional charges, AT&T shall provide you with notice and you shall have the right
to terminate your Service.

Anyway, I also think Pandora Radio is pretty awesome. I've put thier app on my iPod Touch, thus I could use it to stream music off any wi-fi networks that I connect to. I've made up a radio station based on Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Dream Theater, and Hammerfall. I've called it ProgPower Radio. Thing was serving up some music from bands I've never even heard of, plus it was really good at serving up only music that I really like. To bad they block it through the firewall at work, though, as that was were I've usually used it.