OK fess up who bought speakers that were too big for the house?

russ69

I was emailed today that the Pass Labs X350.5's have arrived and I will get them this week. Each jub will have a x350.5 so one channel is for lows and one for the highs. Most of the time the amps will run as single ended class A. I love valve amps except for the maintenance. I like to have some spare power also so there is never any effort. Since 1976 my LaScala have been doing that first with my Marantz 1200B and ever since with the Yamaha B2X class A. The LaScala do it for me every day, day after day and then when you just need one song loud it's available without distortion, just louder. Generally that's Monday's 10:00am or New Years Eve, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We managed to Squeeze in four KPT-684 sideways end to end under the stage with four 3,200watt bridged amps for plenty of headroom. They were set in place and then the cement was poured. They are matched with eight KP-362, four on each side of the stage. Then for moveable side fill comprising four KP-362 on top of four profile matching double 15 woofers shown set-up as a centre array. DSP time alignment, xovers, etc is a fully expanded A&H iDR8. I only test 25% of the front of house system to full power unless Im wearing ear plugs. At full power after a while you really do need to sit down, full body massage. There are also 2 four speaker delay lines on the ceiling further away from the stage and there are four 12 2way vocal monitors in the ceiling just in front of the stage. I add 2 meters of delay to the front of house to prevent feedback when bands are playing.

post-45280-13819659301732_thumb.jpg

And we hide 4 extra 18" KP-480's under the DJ console for the occasional long weekend dance parties. With the system set to full power testing I demonstrated this to the security guard. I pressed play and after he regained his composure from being blown backwards, he said his brain had just gone through the back of his head. Then he remarked on how clean it was. It was carefully time aligned for max transient responce.

post-45280-1381965937117_thumb.jpg