Re-grilling older Cornwalls- Help!

texas42

Hi, I recently received some original type thick weave speaker grill material from Bob Crites that I plan to use to re-grill my 1984 Cornwall II's. What is the best method/material to use to affix the grill material to the fiberboard grill frame? 3M spray glue? Staples from a staplegun? Maybe both in concert? Looking for someone that has experience with this that might point me the best way. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Please let me know specifically which type of glue you found that works best (if recommending glue) and the best method to ensure a good hold (do only part of it each day, use clothes pins to help it set, etc...). Thanks again!

Regards,

Dave

i used 3m super 77 spray with good results. do not use staples. i also used clothes pins.

make sure your cloth lines are straight across when you install the new cloth. good way to check is from the backside looking thru the tweeter and the midrange cutouts

Hi, I recently received some original type thick weave speaker grill material from Bob Crites that I plan to use to re-grill my 1984 Cornwall II's. What is the best method/material to use to affix the grill material to the fiberboard grill frame? 3M spray glue? Staples from a staplegun? Maybe both in concert? Looking for someone that has experience with this that might point me the best way. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Please let me know specifically which type of glue you found that works best (if recommending glue) and the best method to ensure a good hold (do only part of it each day, use clothes pins to help it set, etc...). Thanks again!

Regards,

Dave

Check this thread out http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/52186.aspx?PageIndex=3