IndyFest- about food

With people coming and going at all hours next week, we'll probably be pretty much on our own for meals, depending on the group and accomodations. But I thought the least I could do would be to arrange a meal and plenty of drinks for you guys the day of the show. There's several routes we could go, each with positives and negatives.

Buy picnic food, commandeer one of the charcoal grilles at the park and cook our own. This encourages comraderie

Knights of Columbus will be serving stuff there. I don't know what, probably not as good as we could do and more spendy.

Pizza joints and fast food are all around the area, but just doesn't sound good to me on a hot day.

I'll have a 5 gallon water cooler on site, a small cooler for the 2nd stage, and Coleman for main stage. Can another of you guys bring a cooler so we have something for us backstage as well? Ok a couple- we'll need drinks at sound tent, drinks back stage, and one for food items.

A gentle reminder that the city park is a drug and booze free zone, but I don't care what you pour into your coke. What am I the AA police? LOL

Then we'll be pretty tired when we get back to my place, maybe Some Guys pizza for evening?

Ideas?

I think we all could kick in a few $ for the food. Can we cook on charcoal.... it's more fun playing with fire. But use a chimney starter. I could drag along a weber or an offset smoker that can double as a bigger grill and a chimney starter (if a neighbor or team SWMBO will help me load it in the family truckster. edit: the smoker, I can handle the chimney starter by myself)

Are we allowed to build a fire in our own grill? (or just ask forgiveness, maybe bribe with a Picky Burger, if we find after we've begun we're not allowed to? )

I can see it now on the local news .... Detroit man helping at Art Festival in broadripple jailed this afternoon after bribing and trying to disable police office with something called an Atomic Picky Burger.... after said Atomic Picky Burger caused officer's eyes to water officer arrested the motor city perp known as Picky for attempted culinary assault on a police office. Sargeant Kris P Creme was placed on administrative leave for accepting bribe in the first place. 3 members of a seventies hair band, though still unidentified, bailed him out and invited all over to some unknown location called Roadie's for Atomic Picky Burgers and rockin' out. Captain Chis P Kream, dripping with sweat, and a huge smile on his face, and a strange green hot sauce on his uniform, reinstated Seargent Kris P Creme after eating the evidence. Panting.... " dammit Office Dunkin, what do you mean you let the 70's hair band get away with this Picky guy without getting the address to this Roadie's joint. "

Breaking news.... rumor has it that it sounds as if the Rolling Stones are jamming somewhere near 46th street ... the streets in the vicinity are gridlocked ... more details to follow but Sky Chopper 6 can't get close enough as it mysteriously keeps getting pushed away by some strange turbulance that sounds like Bill Wyman's bass.

(ok, enough avoiding work - it was one of those days today ... I've finally redone all this afternoon's work that I had to redo but just not in the mood to work ... but it needs to be done before Monday morning and I really don't want to work this weekend but I guess I already am [:(] or should be)

(sorry forgot what Picky's green hotter than ... green burgers our called tried to find and found the Picky BBQ where Michael Hurd had smuggled 1/2 a beef in the form of several big slabs for the grill (drool drool) Somewhere in this general vicinity http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/78493.aspx?PageIndex=6

I'm a bit of a wimp. Make mine the non-atomic Picky Burger. [:D] Unless of course we smoke up a big slabs or hunks of cow or pig

maybe Some Guys pizza for evening?

I had thought about going home Saturday night but I'm sure I'll be bone tired and ... mmmm Some Guys mmmmm I'll have to get a bottle of the Blenheim (somthing like that) Ginger Ale they serve for Alea. That stuff's got bite for soda. She drinks it straight up. I poured mine in a glass of ice and still sipped it.... with pizza no less. [:$] Makes vernors seem like wimpy store brand by comparison.

Ben is bringing extra coolers and van. I have a gas grille here that we could take.

Should have held onto the ratty looking old 68 quart we just finally sent to the cooler burial grounds... lid no longer attached and kind of warped but still closed. Drain plug replaced by a tight fitting electrical wire nut by whoever broke it over 10 years ago... outer cover split open in places revealing the foam but still sort of usable... might've been the perfect Roadie cooler...

Oh well a more standard size with wheels. Maybe a midsized. Probably a 6 pack size for a couple of diet dews (sorry, diet Rock Star is probably a bit scary to give to me.....). Maybe a 3 gallon water cooler but not sue can trust assistant soccer coach to take water for Alea and the team, if she show's up as younger son often has baseball or she's working baseball concessions or send a smaller a gallon jug for the kids or maybe I'll bring that for me.....

Will have my Bubba Keg mug ready to go. Insulated, 52 oz for diet dew or water. Pretty hefty, might also double as club of sorts to wrap any punks over the head trying to steal any of Michael's gear or the roadies stuff.

Maybe they'll have enough security that one or two will also be watching over the stage?....

Michael mentioned something about putting together some sound crew backstage passes... maybe I should post me interpretation of the tee shirt idea tossed around... might work for that? Gettin' kind of late for Society tee shirts at this point in time...

Since I'm riding the scooter out there I will be very limited on what I could bring. I like the idea of cooking on the grill at the park. I llike the idea of verna going grocery shopping, she can hit me later. I'll help witht he food bill too.

Steve

Steve: Oh, she'll hit you later alright; I'd wear a cup if I were you! LOL -Glenn

I wonder if MSSR Picky would want to be quartermaster if I pay the grocery bill?

Ben is bringing extra coolers and van. I have a gas grille here that we could take.

M

Michael: I can help, but I'll have to see what Roger has in mind for us on Thursday first. We'll talk after we get down there, Bro. -Glenn