Tube Amp with SS Receiver???

Tube preamp with SS Receiver???

If my receiver has Pre outs and Main ins can I hook up a Tube
PreAmplifier to see the benefits or non benefits of the Tube Pre Amp over
the SS Pre Amp???

Sorry for the noob question but I can't seem to find my Nakamichi TA/2A receiver manual and searches have come up negative...

I would like to try the Juicy Music BlueBerry with one of my Receivers or Integrated Receivers...

Thanks,

Bill

I have done that with several differnt combinations, & was very happy with the results. For example I am running a vintage Sansui SS Au710 in combination with my Cary tube pre- amp. I dont recall any of the differnt SS brands that I have used that were not improved with a tube front end.

Cornman

When I first got my BBX I was still waiting for my tube power amp.....I ran the BBx front end using 3 different integrated amps and all of them greatly benefited from the bbx!

One Caveat....I think it shows the quality of J.M.'s work, not just the fact that it was a tube pre....... I was using a vintage Mac tube pre and one of the integrated amps mentioned was the Sansui AU-111 all tube (maybe one of the best sounding vintage {vintage sound} amps around)....the mac and Sansui while very nice were "wooly, and colored" compared to the clean crisp detail I get from the BBX...

I'm sure that there are many other high end modern tube pre's that will preform similarly, but all that I have tested are 2-5 times the price of a new BBX

This diagram should help you out. I run the Main Out of the H/K to the AUX/Tape input on the Fisher 500B. I leave the Fisher at a set volume level and use the volume control on the H/K to control the volume (unless I am listing to LP's). All of the speakers are balanced to the same level using the adjustments in the H/K.

It is a tad outdated in terms of the equipment I am actually using today but you should be able to get the general idea:

Amphookup3.jpg

I hope this helps!

Laters,

Jeff

I did something very similar to what eq_shadimar did. The reason I did it was because my vintage Marantz preamp didn't have the ability to use a remote control.

It worked out very well. [:D] Gotta have a remote. [:$]