Almost time to calibrate new system: I'm a little gun shy.

substance-p

I have been working on getting my home theater setup in our new house and it should be all ready to go next week. I will be running a 7.2 system: RC-64, 2 RF-35s, 2 RS-35s, and the rears are TBD (with my KG 3.5s filling in until I can get a pair of RB 25s/35s or RF 25s/35s). Subs are an RSW-10d and the Big Boy (which my Wife compares to a small child or a mini-fridge) Jamo D7. I will be using a Marantz receiver (I am spacing on the model #).

This is my first time to have a more complex system and with just an initial once over witht he Marantz, I am a little worried about getting this thing dialed in. I have an acquaintance who owns a home theater business and will give me a decent deal (price to be determine) on calibrating the system, but I hate to spend too much money (reserves getting tapped out).

Any tips for a newbie to help me get this system performing to its potential?

• Moderators

I would NOT pay someone to "dial it in" you CAN do it It's not that hard.

All you have to do is get some help here everyone will be glad to help, it's really not that big of a deal just do one step at a time.

If someone else does it for you you will have no idea whats going on when you want to adjust something or make a change, take the time to learn how it works, it's really simple if you just follow why things get set as they do, you will see how it all ties in together.

This will be a good learning opportunity. I have always set up my own systems, done the wiring, and programmed the universal remotes; however, they have always been basic and I haven't had to/or just didn't take the time to calibrate the system to get it sounding as good as it should. This time I am determined to do it right.[8-|]

If it is a good aquintance, invite him over for some Milk and pizza and the two of you learn your system together if you are really intimidated. As the others have said, it is really pretty simple. Dont let it get the best of ya. Nowadays almost every receiver on the market has a auto setup, where you let the receiver do the initial adjustments and you just tweak afterwards.