My new speakers RF83, RC64

MrAlps

I got my new speakers two weeks ago but haven't had the chance to post the pics yet. so here goes.. I know the room is a little small for the size speaker but I couldn't help pass up the deal.

I can't get over how awesome they are... clear, loud, rich. I knew they would be clear and I knew they would be loud and have good bass, but the it's the mids and smoothness that surprised me the most. My speakers before were so muddy that music, sound effects and voices all kinda bled together, the Klipsch allow everything to be separate but still part of the same track.... just very impressive. And much more immersive now that my rears match my fronts.

Oh and I have since tweaked the toe and such, now they are facing pretty much straight on.

post-37165-1381948722848_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Congrats on your new toys! Aren't they sweet?

Only way to post multiple photos is to upload your images to photobucket.com or flickr.com etc and then copy the URL to the image into the post with the Insert/Edit Image button. You could always create a photo gallery on flickr and add it to your signature like I did.

MrAlps that is one sweet sweet setup im all in envy. I recently bought a pair of RF 62's which are alot smaller than those. I couldnt get over how sweet they sounded over the previous references ( rf 25's ) I mean these new crossover networks and drivers are just simply amazing.. Punchy and accurate..smooth and detailed..when theres a sudden sound that comes bursting out threw the movie woohhaaa these references just explode with enthusiasm... The technology is defenitly improving..Its a beautfiul thing MAN!!

Monty

Wow, I never realized how deep the RC-64 is! I knew it was wide, that thing is a monster!

One thing I would highly suggest is to set your RC-64 on top the TV stand and then set the TV on top of the RC-64. The 64 will easily handle the weight of your TV and raising is up will do wonders to having the speaker closer to same height as your ears.

Wow, I never realized how deep the RC-64 is! I knew it was wide, that thing is a monster!

One thing I would highly suggest is to set your RC-64 on top the TV stand and then set the TV on top of the RC-64. The 64 will easily handle the weight of your TV and raising is up will do wonders to having the speaker closer to same height as your ears.

Put the TV on top of the 64 you say? That's not a bad idea... I've been thinking how I want it higher. Has anyone else done this? Can anyone think of a reason not do it?

Only thing you'd have to do is put some kind of material between the TV and 64 so that the TV doesn't scratch the top of the 64.

The center won't be able to be angled upward at all with the TV on it but it'll be sitting a lot higher than it is now so I can't see any drawbacks to doing it.