Forte II's

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opps! I just realized this is an old post I replied to. My answer still holds, but . . .

If you're patient you can find a pair in nice condition for around $300 which considering what you're getting is pretty much a no-brainer as to whether or not to buy them!

If you can find a pair of Forte IIs in reasonable condition with intact passives for $300 I think that's a steal! Personally I'd budget more like $400+ unless you're really willing (needing?) to wait for a super deal. I paid $450 for a really nice pair & drove like 800 miles to pick them up & I think I did OK.

I use tubes to drive mine & all I can say is WOW! I couldn't be happier.

Just my .02,

Frank W.

Just bought a pair locally from Craigslist. They were Forte I's listed at $400 in Walnut Oil. I offered the guy $300 over the phone and he said yes. When I heard them, I thought they lacked HF sparkle. When I got them home, I found out why........blown twetters. $52 for a pair of Crites Titanium Diaphragms and they sing sweet again....somthing I would have done anyhow.

Just bought a pair locally from Craigslist. They were Forte I's listed at $400 in Walnut Oil. I offered the guy $300 over the phone and he said yes. When I heard them, I thought they lacked HF sparkle. When I got them home, I found out why........blown twetters. $52 for a pair of Crites Titanium Diaphragms and they sing sweet again....somthing I would have done anyhow.

I'd say you got a pretty good deal on Forte Is, especially since you found them locally.

I agree, titanium tweets are the way to go! I'm still considering what to do about crossovers. I suspect there's some room for improvement there.

Frank W.

I'd say you got a pretty good deal on Forte Is, especially since you found them locally.

I agree, titanium tweets are the way to go! I'm still considering what to do about crossovers. I suspect there's some room for improvement there.

Frank W.

Got a boatload of capacitors in stock from a trade deal. Re capping the Xover will be next, but as of now, I'm using only one for the voice/center channel in my 5.1 setup. Getting rid of the Peavey SP-1 (like 2-way LaScalas) to make room. I really like an all horn system, but it looks like I will be going back to radiator woofers for the surrounds and center, which runs full range.Needed the extra space and the distortion from the extra channels during movies is negligible due to limited bandwitdth.