Traffic

RIGID113

Oh gawd, tell me about it!

Trying to get them to turn it down just doesn't seem to work, so I decided to fight fire with fire and made some upgrades to my own car's stereo. (Alpine deck with iPod hookup, 500 watt JL Audio amp, 12 inch JL Audio W3-II subwoofer and MB Quart all the way around in the interio - probably around $3,500 or so in total costs, including all the cabling, dynamatting, and installation.

This is what I did just not to the extent as you, I went with a Kicker setup with some amped up mids. IMO it really seems like they need more highs some treble then it wouldn't be so bad. Maybe they think the crackle from the exhaust adds to the treble I don't know. I do know I am all about jamin some Slayer or Rush to piss them off then I just start air guitaring it so they end up laughing at me oh well better luck next time.

Steven,

If you thought the spinners on the Cadilac were bad, you obviously haven't noticed black guys have gotten big into riding sport bikes...

Have you seen the billet crotch rocket rims with billet spinners yet??????

Roger

Well, wadda you guess that I encoutered just this evening on the way home from work just out here on I-95?

And on top of that, the stupid retard was riding that thing like a complete jack@$$, weaving in and out of traffic and what not. He started to get all pissy with me because I would not let him pass at one point. I was so tempted to run is @$$ off the road there at one point.

And the funny thing is - at my exit, I ended up passing him at the stoplight as he got caught in traffic, but my lane (which was a right-turn only lane anyway) was completely open! So just what did all that speeding and weaving through traffic gain him???? F'ing moron! If there is one thing that will get me to move out of this area, it is the stupid traffic around here.

Sometimes I wish I could go into "Spy Hunter" mode around here, complete with the twin 50-cals, oil slick, smoke screen and missiles.

Do I since some road rage here this evening. Skonopa did you just make a spy hunter reference, I loved that game when I was a young lad.

That used to be one of my all-time favorite games. I ended up posting a high-score on that machine that nobody in that town was ever to beat (something like 555,000 points).

Yeah, for the most part the drivers around here are just simply trying to get where they need to go, but once in a blue moon, there is that one complete jack@$$ out there. Where is a cop when you need one? [:P]

It's kinda funny, the next door neighbor's grandson has a 4dr. blazer that he's constantly making some kind of "New Sub" for his rig, he supposedly takes it to "shows". Well I don't know what kind of shows he goes to, because he doesn't even wash or vacum the pig when he goes. His boxes are crude with no paint or carpet and the last one I saw had a tuning port about 30" long sticking out of the end of the box.

One day I invited him into my house to listen to my modest system. He said that he could only stay for a few minutes, but he wound up watching The Incredibles from start to finish. All he could say is how clear it sounds.

No crap dip $ hit. Keep listening to that crap in your car and your head's going to start rattling like your car!

It's kinda funny, the next door neighbor's grandson has a 4dr. blazer that he's constantly making some kind of "New Sub" for his rig, he supposedly takes it to "shows". Well I don't know what kind of shows he goes to, because he doesn't even wash or vacum the pig when he goes. His boxes are crude with no paint or carpet and the last one I saw had a tuning port about 30" long sticking out of the end of the box.

One day I invited him into my house to listen to my modest system. He said that he could only stay for a few minutes, but he wound up watching The Incredibles from start to finish. All he could say is how clear it sounds.

No crap dip $ hit. Keep listening to that crap in your car and your head's going to start rattling like your car!

Greg,

No, it isn't kinda funny, it's extremely funny!! [:D]

When I was down in Loisianna with Kevin Harmon, he got his KPT-600 stacks refurbished, and up and running.

A pair of those stacks has a total of 16 or 18 drivers depending on which mid range horn driver settup your stacks have. A pair of stacks have, but are not limited too, two 10 inch drivers, four 15 inch drivers, and four 18 inch drivers.

Kevins son , Kyle is 20 and he and his friends are all into car audio. It's all JL this and JL that.

He has less then half the price of a gotham in his pair of KPT-600 stacks including the factory klipsch equalizers, brand new amps, and brand new amp rack total cost. He could have been pushing four 10s, eight 15s, and eight 18s for less then the price of a Gotham.

Any time one of those kids gets started on JL this, and JL that, Kevin takes them over to his shop and turns loose those 134db beasts. After making them listen for a while, Kevin tells them; "If you want some of these 20 year old Klipsch speakers, go get your JLs and come get you some"!! In the meantime, his MCM-1900 stacks are just sitting next to his KPT-600 stacks just waiting to be fired up for backup!! [6][6][6]

Roger