OT: How Do You Deal with Impossible Clients?

Could you spray the area with H2O2 to help with the cleanup? I think I remember using it to clean up blood in the past. Don't ask. Oh and if you're a professional food person or photographer, in Nevada or California, let me know. I'd love to see a Klipsch person win some money! (client project is a contest, $5,000 in prizes)

Depends on what percentage hydrogen peroxide. The 2% in household cuts won't do a through job. You need the 6% hair bleaching one. 30% or the maximum possible version without it spontaneously combusting is overkill. [:P] oh wait you were joking?

First thing Justin is you have to take the emotion out of the equation and deal with the facts. Easy to say but hard to do.

Next you have 3 options:

1. Make the changes to their suggestions

2. Walk away

3. Mediate a compromise.

They are paying you to do a job. If you are frustrated because it take more time or is more difficult refer to the previous sentence. You can explain to them that this is not efficient and costs more money but the reality is that you are dealing with their ego. Everyones ideas are important to that person, even if they were considered after the direction was set. Feed the ego, solve the problem.

If it make you feel any better you are not alone. This is how business works. Someone pays with money the other with sweat.

Actually, what I do is carefully evaluate the customers PIA factor before intering into a contract with them, and the price of their project gets an appropriate multiplier added on at the end of the Excel spreadsheet.

Very logical, Greg. Aggravating someone needlessly should have a cost. I once spoke to a lawyer who told me that he would charge a difficult client a "prick fee", as he called it, and the extra money would make it a bit easier to put up with him.

Hmm, that word got "asterisked". Okay, maybe it could be called a "tool charge", if the customer behaves like one.