New at this forum

Welcome to the wonderful world of big ole horns. Please post your system information in your profile so the thoughtful and considerate posters here can give you relevant and valuable answers.

Are you going for the intimate, natural 3D studio sound or more of the rock concert/movie theater experience?

Budget?

Room size?

Room shape?

Corners available?

Primary music or movies?

What percent music or movies?

Prefer extra bass punch or flat accuracy?

Multi or dual channel?

What kind of music?

How loud?

Other planned additions or upgrades?

Own or rent (can you install in walls)?

Tweaking audiophile – handy, willing to DIY?

Prefer new or used?

And some personal background:

How long you have been a Klipsch fan?

How you got introduced to Klipsch?

What else have you tried?

I recently interviewed Mark Casavant, Vice-president of Klipsch product development and Kerry Geist, one of their head engineers about their new flagship, the Palladium P-39F, for EnjoyTheMusic.com. I asked them what was the softest point in their product line, where do you get the highest sonic quality for the least price? They said the RF-82 was their “wheelhouse.” It is the point at which their best value revolves. In fact, at 33Hz-23kHz +/-3dB and sensitivity of 98dB, the RF-82 specs look very similar to the twenty times more expensive P-39F!

Thanks for the reply Colin,

Yes ,I know a lot of things are important to give a good result in audio.

I do have now for 33 years Infinity and I like the USA sound of it.

It was very difficult to find good alternatives for them, when I purchased a new amp.

I listened to B&W 683 and KEFQ11. Both very nice but very clean and careful.

The Infinity and I think also the Klipsch are more an adventure in sound. LOL.

We do listen all kind of music, classic and progressive rock. But the CD's have a problem with the war against loudness.

So we take care to listen only the lossless CD's and well mastered ones.

p.s. we were searching on the web. for best speakers with Rotel. And than Klipsch came in the picture.(very good spec.!)

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum I think your going to love your new speakers, I don't know much about Infinity so I can't compare but the Rf 82's are a very popular speaker for good reason, it's going to be a big change and I bet you will be smiling.

Hi and welcome. I am sure you are going to love the speakers. I am running Klipsch reference speakers with Rotel (rotel power amp and Yamaha avr as preamp) and I love the sound. I am sure you cant wait until they arrive.

post lots and dont be shy in asking questions as I have asked the most simpliest of questions and the people here have always been helpful.

oh and we love pics, post pics when you get it all set up with your review if you can.

I'm a big Infinity fan. I have never owned Qbs but I have owned, 1001As, Columns IIs, Monitor 2As, Ref std 2.5s and some others so I am familiar with the Infinity sound. No, I don't think the RFs will be as good as the emit tweeter (at least a fresh one). The emit tweeter was/is very good. The Klipsch will lack a bit of "air" and image depth. That is their only weakness (other than sub-bass extension).

Overall however you will like the Klipsch, they are easier to drive and have a nice warm sound.

Thanx, Russ