Name That Speaker/System

rplace

Over the weekend on a whim I threw together a quick "mini-system" in my rarely used living room. With pretty low end gear and not much power it still sounds very nice. Some times I wonder why we get all in the weeds about crossovers, drivers, horns, mods and the like. Old, forgotten, dusty Klipsch products still sound great with nothing but neglect.

I have seen some amazing tricks pulled out of hats on this forum, like naming an LP from a shot across the room seeing only a portion of the label on a turn table under a clamp.

So here is your test. In order to get it right you have to come up with the amp (should be easy), source (even easier) and the Klipsch speaker including model and wood. I'll start off with a tough, tight shot or two then zoom out for a more full view if nobody gets it...but I have faith in you guys. On the line are bragging rights to "champion Klipsch speaker ID-er"

post-16462-13819498665028_thumb.jpg

Wasn't there a meatloaf song "two out of three ain't bad"? Crafty work there using my signature to guess (incorrectly [;)]) the speakers...well done. However, the speakers in question are not in my signature line.

Keep trying...more pix later in the day.

BTW, GaryMD is banned from guessing...as he has seen the speakers in question.

Lots of close guesses. If you took all the parts of guesses the three major components have already been identified. Still nobody has all three correct ALONG with the wood. You gotta have the whole enchelida to get credit and claim the champ-id-er title. These next few should help a lot.

post-16462-13819498669128_thumb.jpg

Well I think you guys all have the amp/source figured out...though I'd be more impressed if you could tell me the serial number of the iPod and exactly how many songs I have on it. Hint - everythign by the Clash and at least a few other tracks. The wood should be named "cameleon wood" but it is not. It can look darker then Walnut at time or lighter then Oak. Ever seen those funky paint jobs on a car where it looks purple from one angle and blue then green from another? Sort of like that.

Still nobody has all three in one post.

Nobody has commented on how we all seem to obsess over mods and tweaks, when an old neglected pair from the 80s sounds fantastic with even MP3s and budget minded solid state equipment. Are we all just worried about the next purchase when we shold be listening to the music? I bet I have $6K plus in my "real" system for just amp/pre/TT/speakers. This new set up has probably less then $1500 in it and it sound 90% as good. I think I am done buying equipment and concentrating on the music.[H]

post-16462-13819498669868_thumb.jpg