KLF-C7 Owners!!! Or any other LARGE Center Speakers...

TRV86Caprice

A center sitting on the floor will only work well if its front is aimed up toward the listener's ears. The other important factor for a center channel is that it be timbre matched to the mains. The KLF-C7 matches the KLF-30 andd 20 etc. for main speakers.

I have an RC-64 that is huge. It is nearly on the floor, but it is aimed upward and integrates well. Another reason that it integrates well is that it has matching drivers with the mains and acoustic calibration.

Bill

Here is a KLF-C7 that I have mounted 15" off of the floor (shelf) - I know it looks fairly small but it is under a 120" screen. I experimented with several locations and it provides excellent sound where it is located, but I did not like the sound when on the floor. My primary (first row) seating is at 14ft.

post-34910-13819498922364_thumb.jpg

I use to have mine under the tv on a shelf about 2 1/2 feet off the ground.

Where is it now?

When I bought La Scalas(now gone [:'(] ) I got a great deal on a single La Scala in Houston so I had 3 La Scalas up front and sold the C7 about 2 years ago.

Keep checking ebay, craigslist, and audiogon.

I'm guessing I will just have to bite the bullet and mount my plasma on the wall... I have the Bello 422 tv stand. And I want to put the KLF on the top shelf.

BELLO

I see that you have whitewashed (pickled) hardwood floors and white walls with a contemporary stand. Lots of glass/chrome etc.

Wuzzers suggestion may work and the KLF box is certainly strong enough, although your base may overhang the edges. I think I would either consider a new stand that incorporates another shelf for the C-7 or place the C-7 on the top shelf, a glass plate on the top of the C-7 (any galss shop can cut you one to your neeeded size) and then the TV Monitor Base on the glass. A couple of round felt pads adheared to the bottom of the glass to prevent direct contact with the C-7 box and you are home free.

My C-7 rests on top of my TV and just squeezes in. But I have a very old schoold Tube TV (Sony Wega).

You guys are 100% correct. And putting the tv on top of the speaker just looks too busy. I tried it, but it just screwed up the fung shway of the room. haha.

Lots of great ideas fellas!!!

Pics are coming. I'm pretty much engaged/married to putting the tv on a wallmount at this point....

Great looking room Cpt_John, now that's a screen !

Thanks dtel - I am still working on some of the finishing touches on the room, but my family and I have really enjoyed it so far for Hi-Def movies and the big game (sports). We even let our kids play video games on it (only when friends are over) and they think it is the "coolest thing ever".[:D]