MY Home Theatre Page

Sony STR-DE975 HT Reciever

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD

SB-3 Mains

SC-1 Center

Quintet Rears

KSW-12 Sub

AR Proseries Interconects

Polk speakers will never be my cup of tea. On the other hand, a person could do a whole lot worse (Definitive Technology comes to mind).

My perfect speaker would walk a delicate line between the sound field dynamics and sensitivity of a Klipsch, the overall detail of the B&W Kevlar driver and crystal clarity of a B&W Nautilus tweeter. Perhaps a dynaudio speaker would fit this bill, but I don't have the dough.

I certainly wouldn't have any of that overly colored and almost Bose like sounding Polk mid bass.

<hehe--I know, "Them's is fightin' words" Hopefully you will see I'm just Polk-in' some fun at ya..though it is overly colored by my ear>

cc1091,

Now you are talking true high-end!Dyanudio,the very finest in sound.

You can get a good chunk of this quality in Totem speakers(many also use Dynaudio drivers).The Totem ROKK is inexpensive(around $700)and sound great,just dont expect to break walls with SPL.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Just jumped on board at the polk bb to see what was up. Not a very intelligent bunch over there. Some folks seem to know what they're talking about, but all too many seemed to be very ignorant and a little too on edge. I read through and had to laugh at much of what was said there. makes me feel pretty good about own little home here.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that too. People on this forum are much more educated. Also the Polk Audio forum seems to be more of a chat room than an information/opinion exchange than this one. Then again I guess I'm being a hypocrite right now.

------------------

I like my bass like I like my women, deep and tight.

posted by zandern on the polk website:

"First of all I must say, YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID AND IMMATURE! Yes Polk makes some great speakers, but so do other companies. I was in serious debate between the Polk 800i and Klipsch RF3II. They both sounded great. So I join both forums to listen to see what people say about them and just to see what goes on in each forum. Let me tell you that this forum is a joke. There are maybe 5 people in this forum who know their stuff. In the Klipsch forum they are so much more educated and some of them are so damn good that I think they could have invented electricity. Everyone bashes the Klipsch horn. Why, because your jealous of it? They say it hurts them, that its painful. Well duh? Klispch speakers are much more efficient than other speakers, meaning when you listen to them you have to turn down the volume because they naturally play louder even though you may not realize it. Obviously after a while your ears will hurt, they would if you listened to Polks at a much higher volume for a long time too........ "

Zandern - I wasn't going to post anything over here but since you said that you weren't coming back, well, it seemed like the thing to do.

I don't see where your tirade rises much above the supposed level of intelligence that you purport us to have. Generally, you are going to find either people love the horn sound or they don't. If you want to debate something, cool, but your post wasn't. It just adds to the animosity. My mom always said, if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth closed. Good advice.

As far as the Klipsch bashing, man, that's silly, there is just as much of that over here so climb off the high horse.

The Polk Forum is more of a social club atmosphere and we like it that way. If you don't, c'est la vie. If you want to talk about something specific, we can do that as well.

Sorry for having to keep bringing this up, everyone, but again I ask, if you don't like us, fine, leave us alone. We are extending you the same courtesy.

Troy

This message has been edited by TroyD on 04-04-2002 at 07:53 AM