Bag End Infra Sub 18"

NOZ

They have a strange way of measuring frequency response. Full power at 8Hz and minimal power at 90 Hz to achieve a flat response. Then it goes on to say that you can't hear or FEEL response at that frequency with this sub. Sounds like marketing mish mash to me. Basically it's a sealed 18 with a 500 watt amp. The spec sheet says 500 and the operational page says 400watts, who knows. I'm not sure what market they're going after.

Marketing B.S.....

You'd be much farther ahead if you bought a decent driver, an amp and built an enclosure. What are your requirements in terms of output and bandwidth? Self powered ( plate amp ) or seperate amp? Form factor?

You could do a nice large sonotube enclosure with an appropriate 18" driver for the win. [:D]

Oh, btw... you were the one who corrupted me.... with those CS Ultra's. [:P] Hope you are doing great Sean!

post-9504-1381950003942_thumb.jpg

Marketing...BS. Yes sir, BAG END 8Hz claim has a nice thick sugar coating around it. 8Hz at what output? What use is the 8Hz is the output is very low,so low you are hard pressed to notice it ?!

The good ole sonotube(giant toilet paper roll)ported with a low cost 15 or 18" driver with ~20mm of Xmax or more will batter the BagEnd in the audible and in the infrasonic band.Sonotubes can be tuned around 10Hz if need bee(and space permits).

I've owned the BAG END Infrasub 18" for 10 years - there's nothing like it! I've bought another for stereo bass!

Best description: sounds like you've removed the floor from your listening room - astounding - no boom - fast & LOUD!

Believe the specs - it's not hype - you CAN hear the difference! I was watching Ally McBeal right after I got the first one, and somebody slammed a door - my pants cuffs shook! I listen to Pipe Dreams on NPR and the deepest bass is amazingly clean and powerful.

Steve in Minneapolis