RS-62 stands...it took awhile but they're done!

Draves

So I am temporarily living at home before I go back to school. Mounting 30lb RS-62's to drywall didn't float my parents boat, so I decided to make 5ft stands! I figure I can use them when I move into my appartment, so I decided to go all out. They are very stable/heavy, solid oak with a square tops and bottoms. There are four legs in an X pattern centered around a copper tube to run the speaker wire through. I think they match the speakers pretty well. What do you think?

Pic one

IMG_5384.jpgIMG_5385.jpgIMG_5386.jpg

items required: miter saw/tablesaw/skillsaw (if you are that good...the miter is recommended though), router (w/bits and a table for it doesn't hurt as well as a plunge attachment), wood, copper tubing, a lot of time, wood dowel pins, wood glue, drill(w/bits), tube cutter/metal grinder, planner/belt sander, sand paper (a hand sander never hurts), stain, clear coat, at least 4 clamps, a square, a level, a ruler, a shop vac is helpful (don't want to piss off the women), a radio to pass the time, a few cases of beer, and somewhere to do it all. I'd be happy to take more pics and explain it all :)

I went screw-less and glued all of the pieces. Everything is done with pegs and glue. That is what took so long. It would be a lot faster if you sunk screws and added a cap. This is the first piece of home furniture I've made, so I wanted to do it the hard way. I have made a picnic table, but that's about it. Carpentry is not my thing, but I am getting there.

*things with "/" are alternatives. For example, I recommend a miter saw but you could pull it off with a skillsaw if you're awesome. Things in "()" are suggestions. The beer is mandatory.

Thank you. the pics are a bit crappy b/c I used a wide angle lens. They look a lot nicer in person(you can see all the grain as well as all the edges I routed). I spent 3 good weeks on these (of spare time). I am pretty happy with them. I might end up screwing a larger base onto them when I move out, but I can worry about that later. The other thing I have to do is route a line for the speaker wire to fit in on the base/top. I worked three weeks though, and I wanted to see the results. Know what I'm saying?