Will I have heat problems?

Klorslug

Well I finally did it. Should have my new (referb) Marantz SR7001 by Oct. 8th [:D] (on a FedEx truck right now from Orlando !!!)

While reading the manual it says to leave a minimum 8" from the top, back, and both sides. The top clearance is no probs but the back will be about 4" from the wall and the sides will only be 1/8" from the cabinet sides [:o]

My question is should I get a cooling fan to be on the safe side or should I be fine.

(It's a pine cabinet with glass door and the back removed and about 1/2" off the wall.)

The cooler your electronics are, the longer they'll last. It may work ok without a fan but it's sure to easier on your receiver if you remove the heat from it. Be sure you find one that's quiet as you don't want it to be a distraction, if you go that route.

OK, so fan it is. A few questions....

- any suggestions on brand/manufacturer ?

- are there cooling fans that can be hooked up to one of the DC triggers ?

- I assume place the fan so it draws the hot air out and not blowing in

Hanx and sorry for all the noob questions but I've been learnig ALOT from all the knowledgeable people on this site by asking them.

I have this one. It keeps my Onkyo receiver 15 to 20 degrees cooler than without one. Inexpensive,adjustable speed,quiet on low. Just plug into your switched outlet on your Marantz. If this one doesn't float your boat, there are many others to choose from for cheap.

http://www.buyextras.com/evavcoblfanf.html

Bill

I'll have to check into that fan. I only have about 2 inches of clearance on top of my 7001. Its significantly cooler than the Onkyo TX-SR805 I used to have, though, and I had the Onkyo sitting all by itself with only the ceiling several feet above it.

Klorslug, if you need any setup help when you get your 7001 let me know and I'll be happy to help. I've enjoyed mine immensely.