Cornscala III from Italy & Oppo BD 83 SE Modifications

robi

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used pyramidal foam on the back panel and near the woofer on the mid support.

I think that should be better for the internal reflections on the 15". It works until 500 Hz (and filtered only with an inductor), so the pyramidal foam should be ok at those frequencies.

I used acrylic material on the lateral panels and in the upper part of the port (gray color - thickness 3/4").

I used acrylic material on the upper panel and the internal of the motorboard (white color - thickness 1/2").

• 3 weeks later...

Using decoupling spacers on mid and tweeter I'll have a "flush mount" with grilles on (one target of my Cornscalas...).

Note that the holes of the CT125 was modified to use conical head screws (as the mid horns).

In the next pic you can see a grille on before using pressed wood (to reduce diffractions and reflections on the external side of the motorboard) and fabric.

I just put it on for the shot.

Of course the grilles will be painted black before putting fabric on it.

Roby.

post-39064-13819583025972_thumb.jpg

OK, I know that by now you must have listened to them....

What is the verdict????

Herb

But....about the verdict...

They should sound as other Cornscala with ph800..... i hope.

Is there any notes about the sound of the Cornscalas with ph800 mid horns here????

Anyone could write about this???

Thanks!

I'm very happy with the PH800 & the CT125 a match made in heaven as far as i'm concerned ..

the whole rebuild has made me glad that I did it .The sound is far better than expected & I will live long ,happy with i have done No Regrets at all

All the Bob Crites drivers,horns,crossovers & woofers have more than exceded what I had expected across the board

• 2 weeks later...