robi

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Herb!!!!

Next project...... [*-)]

1)Play Steve Ray Vaughan H24 on my Cornscalas

2)Tube amplifier???? A single ended with 300 B is enough?? Any Experiences??? Active Multiamp with a custom 6 channels????

3)Something with 18" or 21" subwoofer???

But I really work very slow because I'm very busy :-(

I think of all the cornscala projects I have been reading about...I like this two-box concept the best! It makes sense to me to physically separate the woofer enclosure to begin with, but there is an air of practicality and elegance about the two-box design. I am inclined to go that route if I ever get the project going.

I think of all the cornscala projects I have been reading about...I like this two-box concept the best! It makes sense to me to physically separate the woofer enclosure to begin with, but there is an air of practicality and elegance about the two-box design. I am inclined to go that route if I ever get the project going.

I agree, if you have enough space.

@Pete: very very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

The crossover cabinets are painted and dampened.

They will be screwed on the crossover wood just by one of the two male side of the silet-blocks. I think that is an elegant solution (as a race car ;-) ).

post-39064-1381958411995_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The external crossovers are fixed by 2 supports with 4 silent-blocks for cabinet.

There aren't vibrations on crossovers even at high volume.

The 3 cables goes from the drivers to the crossovers through the bottom panel.

They're decoupled from the bottom panel by rubber hoses and sealant.

All the cables (internal and external) are dampened with damping painting, sealant and foam hoses.

post-39064-13819584498876_thumb.jpg

@Pete: Thank you very much for your appreciation!!!!

@Peshwah: At the moment my Cornscalas are in a little garage where I assembled it with my father. So I'm listening it in nearfield and at low volume (with a cheap LG DVD and a good Musical Fidelity A1 Aurion Audio modded).

I'm not an audiophile, I just like live music and when I can't do it, I listen my hi-fi sutup. So i care more music than hi-fi setup.

I can say that they sound great at low volume. I noted thet they're inclined to disappear and the music seems come from all the wall (even from the up). The soundstage seems to be higher than the cabinets. I don't expected this and I like it!!!! ;-)

Could be an effect of the reduced diffraction on the motorboard (I don't know....anyone can say something about??)

They accelerate very fast when the music need it. All the frequencies seems to be balanced and similar to the timbre of live sound.

The external crossover are very well decoupled from the cabinet: you can easily test it touching the cabinet (with loud music) and then touching the crossover. I think the small silent block and the mass of the crossover works well together.

I listened even the Cornwall 3 in nearfield and seems the Cornscalas sounds better: could anyone say something about this comparison? I don't expected this and may opinion could be wrong.

My cornscalas will be at home soon..... ;-)

At the moment I'm using spikes on some inserts that I used on the supports. What do you suggest about??? Any experience with spikes, rubber, sorbothane, ecc???

Roby.

Robi,

Your attention to detail really showed in your project. It should serve as inspiration to all those who are considering the Heritage speakers for their system

Turning a stock Cornwall into a Cornscala is one of the easiest and cost-effective projests one can undertake.

One can keep all the drivers, and just replace the squawker horn which really improves the midrange.

Of course you can spend another $400 to $500 and get the Crites CT-125 Tweeters and crossovers, but that can be done in stages so you don't have to break the bank.

The final product will be an incredible speaker that sounds a nice as those costing several thousand dollars!

Ciao,

Herb

@ Peshewah and Herb.

Thank you very much guys!!!! You're very very kind with me.

I'm just a novice.

If something good is in my project I've to say THANKS to an italian audio professional: his name is Gianpiero Majandi.

He encouraged me to continue the project and recommended some of the features.