FREE to good home (again!)...

DTLongo

GaryMD wrote that he didn't know when he might be able to come out to pick these up and graciously suggested I offer them anew. So, here is my slightly-edited offer from several days ago:

FREE to good home: a pair of Klipschorn top-hat grille and midrange horn assemblies (less drivers). These came from my 2003 Klipschorns recently upgraded with ALK Trachorns and crossovers as described elsewhere on this forum. These assemblies are in absolutely new, pristine unblemished condition. They include mounting brackets as shown. They would be ideal for someone seeking cosmetically to upgrade a pair of old Khorns, or building a Belle, for instance.

WILL DELIVER GRATIS within a 75-mile range of Salisbury MD. Otherwise, recipient pays shipping, which could be pricey (? - guessing $100.00 or so) because of challenge of packing and shipping these rather bulky items.

See photos.

COMMENT: I would very much prefer for someone to come pick them up. Second choice is for me to deliver them within a 75-mile radius as mentioned. Distant third choice is to ship them, but I really weant to avoid the packing + shipping chore.

post-10590-1381951268461_thumb.jpg

Tom,

I know you didn't want to pack these, but I am shure Marshal will pay for shipping. Marshal is a good dude, he put Cholter up when he went to florida and ran him arround, he has offered to have me come stay before. I am shure that if you needed something he would help you out in the future, no questions asked if he could.

Keep the carma going.... Roger[Y]

Guys,

Having had a lot of experience shipping the Trachorns and frames I migh suggest how to do it. All you need to do is for Tom to take them to the UPS store across from the college to have them packed. It will cost about $35 to do that. They will also ship them to any address you give them by UPS ground. The shipping charge will depend on where they are going. You can figure that using the UPS on-line calculator. The box size will be around 32 X 25 X 20 Inch and weigh about 30 LBS. I can't be sure of those dimensions because the K400 horns are longer than the Trachorn but probably weigh less. All my size data is form packing done by a packer that is out of business now. The UPS store might do it a little differently.

Al K.

"Tom, I know you didn't want to pack these, but I am shure Marshal will pay for shipping. Marshal is a good dude, he put Cholter up when he went to Florida and ran him around, he has offered to have me come stay before. I am shure that if you needed something he would help you out in the future, no questions asked if he could."

Is "Marshall" = Groomlake51? If so, I feel conscience-bound to offer them to him since he weighed in on 2-Channel earlier before GaryMD decided he couldn't come out to fetch them. "Marshall," please advise who you are. Otherwise, the fallback at present is loveroklipsch in Denver, Daniel Miller.

I intend to have the grille + horn assemblies professionally packed and will send the cost beforehand for the recipient to send me a check before shipping. I might not be able to do so for a few days though because we are in some wretched weather here in the Mid-Atlantic, a classic Nor'easter with day after day of wind and rain, and I dont want to get them wet.

Info note: I lost one of the two throat-washers. But it's a standard faucet-like washer that you can obtain at any plumbing supply outfit.

- Tom