LaScala as center for Belle's?

merkin

I just picked up a pair of belles. They are taking the place of forte II's as my mains. The bells sound great for 2 channel listening. I still have a forte II for center and seams to keep up ok. What's your opion on a single lascala for a center or should I just hold out for a single belle.

Sonically I'd say you are "in like Flint" by using a LaScala. I presume you have seen them and know what they look like so I'd say it's a matter of asthetics. The Belle is considerred by some (myself as well) as far 'prettier' than the LaScala however, I'll admit I have owned LaScalas for 30 years and still love their look.

Also, the LaScala will be a deeper box and intrude further into the room than a center Belle might. Perhaps only couple inches but for some people that starts to matter.

I think if you are using a Forte for a temporary center, you will find a sonic improvement (perhaps modest but there none the less) by going to the Belle/LaScala center because of the better matched bass section.

Got a WAF issue? I'd say hold out for a Belle, no WAF issues then grab either one. I'd suspect you could find a LaScala for less outlay than the Belle's.

Regardless of your final path, congrats on nabbing the Belle's, gorgeous speakers!!

What's your opion on a single lascala for a center or should I just hold out for a single belle.

The La Scala will be great. The Belle will also be great, and looking great at the same time. If you can't find a single, get a pair and use the second one for rear centre. It works for me.