An All Heresies Heritage Home Theatre System

neo33

Well, I have finally set up a 5.1 home theatre system with four Heresies I for fronts and surrounds and a single Heresy II for center. For the sub I use a KSW-10. The system sounded quite incredible. Explosions are very realistic, however, it seemed to lack dynamics. I am on a tight budget for the moment and the KSW-10 I scrapped from an old Quintet II system. Is there a budget sub that would blend well with the heresies which will give me the dynamic boost I needed?

The all Heresy HT is really really nice. I had the pleasure of listening to Silversport's setup a few years ago and it sounded great. I believe the sub he had was an Outlaw but I don't remember the model number.

Any chances that the sub placement is off? If you can try moving it around and see what happens. The weird looking test is always great, placing the sub in your sitting position and crawling around to see where you hear it the best. That is always good when someone walks in on you that doesn't know what you are doing, then you get the look. [:^)]

James

Just the man I want to talk to. Hey I currently have 2 Heresies as Fronts in my HT system. I currently have no center channel because I sold my KT-LCR in order to buy a Heresy Center Channel. I can't get my hands on a Heresy center but I can get a Heresy II. How do you think the Heresy II compares to the one.

Do they matchup Well?

Can you tell the difference?

What does timbre mean?

The main reason I wanted the heresy center channel was for multichannel music. But I know it will be great for my HT setup. I'm very excited. Your system looks incredible.

Oh as side note I have an MFW-15 AV123 subwoofer and I think it matches my Heresies for 2 channel music quite well and it sounds awesome.

Evolvo, since I don't have an extra Heresy I, I have not done any comparison. But I can tell you that the Heresy II blended extremely well with the Heresies I. I have not done any multichannel music listening either so I can not give you any feedback. The only noted difference I can see is that the volume of the Heresy II is slightly "muted" compare to the Heresies I in certain scenes.