Heresy or Forte for Cornwall Mains ???

smokarz

OK guys, need some help putting together a 5.1 HT around my Cornwall mains. What would you suggest? Heresy or Forte for centers and surrounds? If there's somethign else, please let me know.

There are quite a few Heresys and Fortes floating around on my local CL, ranging from $300-$500. What do you think are great prices for Heresys and Fortes?

Heresy. Reason: Compatible sound (Heritage); easy to work on (crossovers, drivers, etc.); easy to refinish (H-I's...), and usually can be had for less than Forte's. Complaints about "bass". If the backs are proerly sealed (and even better, substitute a pair of new K-28's from Heresy-III's), and fresh caps, they'll more than do the deed for you. They are also alot easier to lug around..... [H]

Thanks Groom,

Would the Heresey works nicely as both CENTER and Surrounds? Isn't the Forte also a Herigate product (sorry, thought Heresy, Forte and Corns are all Heritage?)

BTW, I took a quick look at your profile and my jaw DROPPED. Do you still own all those speakers? you are a MAD man. :)

The Forte, Chorus and Quartet have been dubbed "extended heritage" by some. The Klipschorn, Belle, LaScala, Cornwall and Heresy are the true heritage speakers.

I would also recommend the Heresy as center. You could use either Forte or Heresy as surrounds with excellent results.

Yes. Its a million times better for music than my previous Onkyo TX-SR805 was. Its also excellent at movies. The HDMI connections lose sync once in a while, especially if I go into the receiver's menu while playing a Blu-Ray movie. I have to turn the receiver off then back on again for the picture to show up on my TV. Not a huge deal but I like to tinker around with the menu settings. Plenty of power on tap, although I'm looking to add an external amp sometime soon.

Hey

I have a similar configuration: Cornwall mains, Academy center and Heresy surrounds. Sounds absolutely fantastic. I've also experimented with using a third Heresy as the center channel, but it didn't make enough of a difference to warrant the logistical problems of using a floorstander rather than a traditional center. I'd love to grab some more Cornwalls down the road. [:D]

Can't go wrong with these speakers.

Oh yeah man, definitely five Cornwalls eventually.

I haven't tried double Heresies. I'm actually not even sure how to go about that. Is it as simple as wiring each speaker into the same center amp?

I'm using dual Heresy I's wired in series set side by side as a stand for the TV. Sounds nice.

that must have been your setup i was talking about oblio.

i am very interested in learning how this is done. could you provide a little more details, or even better a few pics of the back of the speakers?

there are a few heresys on my local CL, that perhaps i should pick up a pair for this purpose. also, can this be done with the heresy ii, or does it have to be heresy i?