Hurry I need advise

NOSValves

What the normal price for Heresy 1's

If they are as described do you folks think there worth it ?? $500 that is !!

Linkage

Hurry I'll use buy it now if everyone thinks they will go over that amount on there own.

This message has been edited by NOS440 on 03-08-2002 at 04:34 PM

I'd pay $550.00 for those in a New York minute. Only my opinion though as I don't know what they normally sell for but you'd be hard put to find a nicer looking pair. The guy's ad leads me to suspect he has taken very good care of them.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

Check out the close-up of the x-over in the photo, that ain't stock wire either. It looks like Kimber or some DIY wire to me, a definate plus.

If you do a search of completed auctions at ebay you will find 2 pair that went for >$700 but the majority of the others were in the ~$400's.

These do look to be in great condition...shoot jobman an email!

This message has been edited by edster00 on 03-08-2002 at 05:46 PM

Yea they should be awesome. I wonder why there only rated 96db that seems low to me for a heritage line. But I;m sure they will sound great Smile.gif Heck my SF-2s sounf pretty darn good.

I'm waiting to hear from Jobman now. Wonder if he ever offered them here on the forum. If he did I missed it.

Cool......... Is this your first Heritage? If you didn't buy em I was gonna. I'll get some soon (I hope),they'll be rears to go with my Scala's. I'm (bigolhorns) high bidder on these. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1337948477

------------------

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/MYSTUFF.jpg

This message has been edited by mpgwagon on 03-08-2002 at 09:22 PM

NOS440 (craig)

I think you will be very happy with these Heresys. They sound great, have been well taken care of, and the appearance is very good. Always dusted and oiled, never abused.

You will be the 3rd owner in a line of Klipsch lovers to own these, and from what you have said, you will be keeping the appreciation for the Heritage line alive!

And yes, I did say I was selling these. (not in its own thread though). I believe it was somewhere in either the 2 channel or General sections.

I really hated to sell these Heresys, as they were the first Klipsch I had owned. But, I have to make room for all the tube gear I need to make the KHorns sing!

Now, anyone looking for a really clean Light Oak KLF-C7? (shameless plug)

Mike

Jobman2000 on Ebay

Well its been a few day's since I purchased these and it looks like I did the smart thing by using "Buy it Now". There has been 3 sets sold since I bought mine and they all went for over $600 so at least saved $50 this way. They should arrive here friday. Can't wait !!!

Craig

------------------

HH Scott Tube FM Tuner LT-110B

HH Scott Tube Amp 222C

HH Scott Turn Table P-87

Sony DE-975 AV Receiver

Sony NS-900P DVD

Sony CD 5 DISC C315

Syenrgy SF-2 mains

KSC-C1 Center Channel

KSW-15 Sub

SS-1 Surrounds

Promedia 5.1 for the PC

Way to go, Craig!cwm35.gif

It is a whole lot easier to make up a $100 one way or another than it is to find a set of speakers as clean as these appear to be.

I've done the same thing a dozen times now... stepped up and grabbed the horns by the horn... and side step the rest of the bull.

I haven't been sorry once... and I don't think you will be this time. -HornEd

PS: I do appreciate it though when Forum members save themselves the eBay commissions by letting other Forum members get first shot. That way, we all tend to win by helping each other.

Yea if I had known Jobman was selling I would of bought for sure and saved him the Ebay costs. He was great he had them professionally Packaged and didn't cgarge me for most of the cost. When you really figure that in I only paid $500 for them.

I Tell ya what I really would like to have is a set of KLF-30 so if anyone has a set they want to sell send them my way.

I think they would really kick *** in my HT setup for music with tube Amp up there and not take up much more floor space then my SF-2s. Of coarse if I really wanted to go nuts I would just pay 1500.00 for some RF-7s. I may do that next fall !!

Craig

------------------

HH Scott Tube Amp 222C

HH Scott Turn Table P-87

Sony DE-975 AV Receiver

Sony NS-900P DVD

Sony CD 5 DISC C315

Syenrgy SF-2 mains

KSC-C1 Center Channel

KSW-15 Sub

SS-1 Surrounds

Promedia 5.1 for the PC

NOS440,

Welcome to the Heresy fan club. You will definitely enjoy them, they appear like they were well taken care of. Klipsch lovers enjoy sharing the experience of owning some of the best speakers built.

Kudos to Jobman for giving up the very first Klipsch speakers he ever owned.

You asked about stands to lift them off of the floor, I think it's a matter of taste and decor. I built stands for mine and it definitely improved the overall sound quality. If you have little ones around than that might not be an option.

JLOUNDER

JLOUNDER

Thanks , You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the stands you built ??

Craig

------------------

HH Scott Tube Amp 222C

HH Scott Turn Table P-87

Sony DE-975 AV Receiver

Sony NS-900P DVD

Sony CD 5 DISC C315

Syenrgy SF-2 mains

KSC-C1 Center Channel

KSW-15 Sub

SS-1 Surrounds