Selenium D405TI 2" exit driver

kevinmi

Does anybody have any experience with this driver? I'm looking to use a 2" driver for a pair of homemade tractrix mid horns crossed over at 400 Hz.These are sold through Parts Express for $185.00 which is a lot cheaper than the BMS drivers. I know you get what you pay for, so I don't want to buy these only to find out they don't sound good. Any input is greatly appreciated. thanks, Kevin

I used the 450ti drivers in my jub clones and really liked them. They have good grunt and the upper mids are very nice. They're just a little lacking on the top end.( guess I just like some sparkle) Just as a mid range they should do fine. I've used p-audio 750's and am currently using jbl 2445. You can find all these at a reasonable price.

Big D

I used the 450ti drivers in my jub clones and really liked them. They have good grunt and the upper mids are very nice. They're just a little lacking on the top end.( guess I just like some sparkle) Just as a mid range they should do fine. I've used p-audio 750's and am currently using jbl 2445. You can find all these at a reasonable price.

Big D

Yeah, Big D, I saw the response graphs, and it looks like they start to roll off after 7,000hz. I'm planning on crossing them over at 6000 to 6500, so that won't be a problem. I'm more worried about them reaching down to 400 hz without hurting them.

Big D

Yeah, Big D, I saw the response graphs, and it looks like they start to roll off after 7,000hz. I'm planning on crossing them over at 6000 to 6500, so that won't be a problem. I'm more worried about them reaching down to 400 hz without hurting them.

I looked at the 405s for awhile before going a different direction. To my recollection, they now have titanium drivers. I would not feel comfortable crossing them over at 400 hz unless you are doing it with an extreme slope.

Carl.

Hey Kev, where did you fine the D405 drivers with the Phenolic diaphragms? Let me know how they sound. I also have been looking for some good cost effective mid drivers for some wod horns (225 and 260) don't want to have to take a 2nd on the house.

CigarBum

CB, I found these while surfing the internet. It's a car audio company out of Cali. Price is only $125.00 ea. 2 drivers and shipping to the great white north came to $294.00--very reasonable for 2 brand new 2"exit drivers, I thought. Here's the link:Car Audio wholesale distributor Alpine Pioneer Kicker Clarion Hifonics Kenwood