sigh

Thaddeus Smith

the tv is awesome ..without paying twice as much, I can't see how I could gain any improvements over this tv. Not only did they manage to deliver a day early (sunday), but the guy showed up ahead of my scheduled delivery window ...so I've spent the last two days re-watching all my blu-rays and tweaking.

defective sub amp should arrive in Hope today ..I'm looking forward to having a full 5.1 again, but I've noticed something interesting. Running the front 3 as large, I have a nice smooth full range and a decent amount of bass out of the 6 x 8" woofers. no regrets in my current setup; i think they call this being content (gasp, sigh, sacrilege). Will post pics soon .. we've been doing the holiday party thing and so the house has been in varying degrees of disarray.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear some good new, you have had enough of your share of problems for a while.

Yes the RF-5's and RC-7 are no slouches in the bass department and can do very well on their own. The sub will really help to add that deep down low bass that you will feel as well as hear, especially for home theater. You will find the RT-10d a more controlled but yet powerful sub compared to the RW-12d you had before. We'll look forward to the pics.

Hello Thaddeus.

Being a fussy guy on video presentation / image, I am wondering why your screen shot is total BLUE ? (Not to sound too critical) Nice open media room you have there, and I'll bet any sound from that room FILLS your home nicely [:)]

and.....er...well, just being observant [;)]

....Gary

Hello Thaddeus.

Being a fussy guy on video presentation / image, I am wondering why your screen shot is total BLUE ? (Not to sound too critical) Nice open media room you have there, and I'll bet any sound from that room FILLS your home nicely Smile

and.....er...well, just being observant Wink

....Gary

good catch Gary ..I happened to snap the shot during a point in Watchmen when Mr. Manhattan is first introduced. He's blue and the light radiates/tints everything in the scene. The TV, I assure you, has impeccable color :)

there have been several positive comments on the room openness ... I thought this was a detriment? One of Morgan's (my wife) biggest complaints is that she can't ever escape the sound when I let the system breathe a little :)

Thanks for the blue screen explained [:)] and...........Morgan and house filling sound [:'(] ... Well, that can be bothersome at times, however, it can also be GOOD when the media can be agreed on. For instance, my house mate and I live in a large (11 room 3 full bath) raised ranch, and there is a BOSE wave radio in the upper living room. Normally, their is XM radio playing Jazz most all the time and especially during the holiday season such as now, we like the classical selections they offer (lots of English choral and organ). I must say, that little Bose will fill the entire upper level of the house and the sound will make is way into the foyer and down into the LOWER level !

Now, thats just a little Wave radio with 2.5" speakers, so I can only imagine what can happen in your home. But, as I mentioned, if the music can be mutually appreciated, I am sure it works out nicely for you both too [;)]

On another subject, did you get the photos of my newly completed HT ? If not, I can direct you to the posting. I just finished a 'living room' type HT for our good neighbors across the street and I would like to post some of those too. It too is equipped with the same gear as mine, except with the room of 14'x20' with sloping 12' ceiling, they needed Vizio's biggest screen (55") and a Definitive Technology subwoofer.

They invited us for a wine and cheese visit last night and I brought over an Eric Clapton concert DVD (standard) to catch a couple of tunes - make sure everything was up to snuff after the installation a couple months ago. It still sounds and looks good and the upscaling handled by the Panasonic BD really works for that big screen [:)]

Well, you take care and stay in touch on any of the number of threads in the forums. (write back)

All best to you and yours for the holidays.

.......Gary