music room considerations

Prior to completing the attic-space (1990) of my 1920's English Tudor home, I sent the architectural plans to Mr. Klipsch, who--most graciously--reviewed them and offered recommendations. In 1992, the involvements resulting from my underlying Cerebral Palsy were complicated with cervical stenosis, so that I no longer walked. I have now decided that it's time to relocate my music room--including my set of 1966 Klipschorns!--again on the main level of my home.

Unfortunately, despite having had both my personal attendants thoroughly search everywhere, I cannot locate, regrettably, the Reprints of the many articles and papers which Mr.Klipsch had sent me in late Winter,1966.

I wondered if:

1. might someone having said Reprints e-mail me scanned copies,

2. might folks here discuss room dimensions, volumes, and shapes (e.g.,should dimensions conform to Golden-Mean ratios? if so, how're these affected by a vaulted ceiling, or are they?),

3. should any surfaces be covered with hangings, or other absorbent materials,

No modifications have been made to the Klipschorns. Are any recommended?

In the 70's, my Cornwall was stolen. I'm thinking it's finally time to restore a center channel. What considerations should one entertain in deciding which Klipsch model to purchase?

Optimally, should the center speaker occupy the same horizontal plane as the two flanking Klipschorns?

I can have someone figure--from the 1990 plans and our sketches thus far--both the characteristics of the current (upstairs) music room, and the--at this juncture--characteristics of the various spaces we've, thus far, sketched. Would this be helpful to anyone?

Please advise...

May one expect get substantive responses at this site, or merely auto-generated spamlettes? Under the Mercy, William

I'm relatively new to the forum and the people here have helped me with every question asked. Rest assured, you'll get worthy responses. One of your tags was 'Dope from Hope'. This PDF may help if you don't have it already. And....I hope it's ok for me to post this.

Welcome to the forum!

May one expect get substantive responses at this site, or merely auto-generated spamlettes? Under the Mercy, William

This is by far the best forum, and for the most part, the only forum that I stay active with. The people on here are amazing, sincere, and very helpful, and if you stay involved, you will be able to further the information, as we all have things that we bring to the table. Welcome again.

You'll find the Dope From Hope stuff already posted as well as lots of other stuff including the Klipsch Audio Papers posted here:

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/19799.aspx?PageIndex=1

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/19799.aspx?PageIndex=9

and here

http://bit.ly/lzGIa

welcome to the forum [<:o)]

May one expect get substantive responses at this site,or merely auto-generated spamlettes?

Under the Mercy,

William

Welcome to the forums William !

I believe a few recently joined members have gotten spam messages to join an unaffiliated site. Rest assured that there are real Klipsch fanatics here to respond to you.