Forte II purchase - Wooo!

Rivernuggets

I dont know why klipsch brought back most of the greatest hitters in the klipsch line up like the la scalas cornerhorns cornwalls even the hereseys but not the fortes..which to me, sound and look better than all ive mentioned. If they did, im sure they would be priced over 2k. ...anyway nice pics , congrats!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Forte II and love them.

There have been comments by owners of both indicating that they sound pretty much the same.

The Klipsch engineers thought so much of the tractrix that they redesigned the Forte to the II and the Chorus to the II and began the Quartet (which only exists as the tractrix version).

There is no question that the tractrix is more controlled in the vertical, IMHO, because of the taller mouth. My thought is that this may make it work better in problematic rooms It will keep some of the signal off the ceiling and floor for an octave or so before the Forte I's exponential. OTOH, maybe if you don't have a floor and ceiling problem, maybe the Forte I does as well.

As far as the larger passive, maybe it only makes a different when the bass is really pushed.

Regarding the buzz. Look at the cardboard ring around the passive. Mine came loose in spots and causes a buzz. I'll have to fix it someday.

Wm McD

I paid $800 for my La Scalas (over a year ago) which, IMO, is superior to the Forte II.

That was a super price for a pair or LS! I paid just over $1100 for mine and picked them up while on a trip to Wisconsin from Georgia.

Have you posted pic of your LS? I would love to see them. Perhaps you could post then in another thread. It would be nice to have other post pics of theirs, too.

Bruce