Forte II purchase - Wooo!

Rivernuggets

I've been wanting a pair of these for some time now. Finally.....

The only issues are a couple white dust spots on the right grille and an impacted dust cover on one of the passives. Those were in the Ebay pictures, not a result of shipping (yes they were shipped and I held my breath until arrival!).

After unwrapping them, it's time to go to work [:@]. Listening WILL happen very soon. More pictures to come.

post-34666-13819525381202_thumb.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! I love mine!

So, what are you driving th em with?

Frank W.

My receiver/amp selection is in my signature. I'll probably try all three (with and without the Sunfire) to see how they sound with the Forte IIs. I am hoping to purchase an HK 730 from dkalsi. Been wanting to try out older solid state HKs and Marantz (in the 22 series).

Pull the dent out of that dust cover! I'd tell you to use a vacuum but the cover is too porous. I had a dent in mine too and pulled it out with some silver tape and careful pulling. It won't rip anything but if you don't pull at the right speed/angle it just comes off instead of pulling the material out.

How much did you pay for them? I need to threadjack you and post the ones I bought the other week! :)

Congrats and I hope you enjoy them.

Congratulations! They look good and I bet you get many, many years of enjoyment out of them.

How do they sound?

Dennie

The seller did a great job sealing and packing. Very pleased with their look, pillars of power. I'm still playing around with placement. Initially bass was ok, then I started walking around the room and there were pockets of low richness. Gotta find an optimum position. They are very revealing, in a good way. They also seem to not care when getting 40 watts/channel (NAD) or 200 watts/channel (Sunfire) - hard for me to notice a difference. With my RF3 II's there is more of a difference when wattage is increased. One thing I noticed while putzing around behind the Forte IIs, there is a slight buzzing (like a paper ruffling sound) when the passives get moving with loud playing. It seems to be the accordian-like paper in the surrounds of the passives. When I dampen them ever so slighlty with a finger, the buzz goes away. It's not noticable when you stand back and listen. Anyone else notice this with their Forte IIs?

There is a lot more listening to do, but so far I really like these guys!