Chris Isaak Christmas

J M O N

Just picked up this CD and I give it two thumbs up. I'd say it's now my favorite Christmas CD. My two boys (ages 3-1/2 and 1-1/2) absolutely love his rendition of Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and can't stop listening and dancing to it. For that reason alone, the CD was worth the price of admission. The other 16 songs are a bonus (and I enjoy them very much when the boys let me listen to the rest of the CD).

The music is well recorded and as usual, Chris Isaak has one of the best voices I've heard.

JMON, have you heard BAJA SESSIONS? That record is amazing.......in fact Im gonna put it on now. Thanks for the tip, I will have a listen in a while.

Yes -- I've had that CD for probably about ten years now. In fact, that single CD is what probably "re-introduced" me to Chris Isaak. While I had heard his music before and had a few other CDs, Baja Sessions is what probably made be realize the amazing talent he has. The recording is fantastic -- great music, but also great sound quality. Chris Isaak is one of my favorites. I wish I had realized that sooner.

I saw him live about 12 years ago when the gal I was salivating all over was salivating all over the idea of salivating all over him.....kinda weird visual so don't go there, but I think you get the idea. She wanted to go and I figured......well, you know what I figured.

Any rate, his guitarist is flat out phenomenal. His name is Hershel Yatovitz. In fact, the weakest musician in the group is probably Chris. But that's only because the other guys are so good. It was a terriffic show except for the breaks for him to change costumes. I generally eschew big venue live music, but this was a good show. My preference is small clubs with great local bands.