New Member of the Klipsch Community - Epic CF3

Ruben1

Just purchased my first Klipsch speakers; a pair of series 1 Epic CF3's. Love the looks and sound. Will be keeping them for years to come.

My only constructive criticism is that it sounds a bit lean on the top end. Can this be improved by the addition of a super tweeter? Has anyone incorporated one? As far as the base goes these go low. I used my Stereophile test CD # 3 and the test tone for 31.5 Hz was still audible al be it very low.

In any case I am very, very happy with this purchase. Will post pictures soon as I can't seem to figure out how to do so in this forum?

Ruben

post-41152-13819525694646_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum and yes we all love pics.

Welcome to the Forum!! Let them grow on you for awhile!!! Don't forget that our hearing tends to die out in the top end after we're about 25-30 years old from all that rock & roll music!!!! LOLOL!!!

You mean this just isn't me that this seems to be happening to, I was wondering what was happening in the last couple of years.

duder

Welcome to the forum and yes we all love pics.

Welcome to the Forum!! Let them grow on you for awhile!!! Don't forget that our hearing tends to die out in the top end after we're about 25-30 years old from all that rock & roll music!!!! LOLOL!!!

You mean this just isn't me that this seems to be happening to, I was wondering what was happening in the last couple of years.

duder

Don't worry.... Klipsch speakers are sort of a "hearing loss therapy"!!!! [L] You can also use that as an excuse when you cart in some large Klipsch "beast" pairs..... But remember, you can only use that excuse once (well maybe twice...) [H]

"My only constructive criticism is that it sounds a bit lean on the top end. Can this be improved by the addition of a super tweeter? "

I suppose you could try.

http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Drivers/EDS/DH1506%20EDS.pdf

As we can see, the driver on a plane-wave tube is over 20dB down at 15Khz. The crossover network has a ton of EQ and boosts the VHF several dB with an autoformer.

The original aluminum diaphragm is no longer available.

http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Drivers/EDS/DH2Amt%20EDS.pdf

The current replacement is titanium and as we can see has over 6dB more output in the 15Khz region.

While the diaphragms are expensive, it might be just what you need.

You could try the new diaphragms, and sell the ones you don't like. The aluminum will fetch a good price (on this forum) since they are no longer available.

ev-82816-dia-b-500.jpg

k63kn3

• 2 years later...