Need help

dskinner612

I have a Denon 4308 CI along with Polk RTI 10 for the front, RTI 8`s for the rear. Polk csiA6 for the center and a Polk 505 12 inch sub. I have a problem with loud volumes . The highs are very loud and bass is good but not much midrange. I am using Nordost Blue Heaven Bi wire cables for the RTI 10 and Monster M series Bi wire for center. I have not hooked the rears up yet.

I was thinking of an integrated multi channel amp to push the speakers a bit more. Any suggestions.

Hi, I know this is a Klipsch, I seen an Denon amp for sale thats why I joined. It shouldnt make a difference what speakers you have we all are doing the same thing. I will get off your site, thanks

What was meant by the previous post was that since this is the Klipsch forums we're very familiar with Klipsch speakers and usually most members aren't familiar with many other brands. Everyone is welcome here regardless of whether or not they own anything Klipsch. Its just that you might get better help on a Polk Audio forum or a general A/V forum such as AVSForum.com.

dskinner612,

Please do not let a little ribbing push you away. No one meant to offend you. Give us another chance and you will find that this forum is made up of a bunch of very good informative people that are always willing to help, suggest options, or just lend an ear or two.

Bill

Hi, I know this is a Klipsch, I seen an Denon amp for sale thats why I joined. It shouldnt make a difference what speakers you have we all are doing the same thing. I will get off your site, thanks

Easy there lad. What I meant to say was buy the Denon AND a pair of Klipsch loudspeakers, it's a better match than Denon and Polk. The speakers do make a difference, we try to match the strengths of one component with the weaknesses of others. Polks are laid back and so are most Denons sooooooooo naturally we recommend some Klipsch. That was my point. Happy hunting.

Thanx, Russ

Hi, I just didnt want to offend any one. I have a Denon avr 4308 CI and I was wondering if I added an amp to it If I would get more midrange out of my Speakers. Im still playing around with the reciever and seeing that in 5.1 and 7.1 the speakers sound more flat but in natural tune stereo they have more sound. It seems that the surround with center channel playing has less music listening ability, Im guessing that its more for movies. Any suggestions? thanks Dan

Good to have you back.

That Denon of yours is a nice receiver with some pretty high quality parts in it's gut. I am sure by itself it does a pretty good job. With that said, adding a nice high current amp will open up the midrange as well as the highs and lows. Tighter bass and better seperation with a lot of reserves on tap can be expected.

I am not sure on the Denon what "natural tune stereo" is but with my 5.1 system, it always sounds fuller and louder in plain ole stereo mode. In this mode more wattage is directed to the two front speakers.

Bill

Hi Bill do I go with an Integrated Amp or a solid state? thanks for the info, Dan

Well first let us have a better understanding of the terminlogy.

An integrated amp is an amp that has both the preamp section and the amplifier section in one chassis. It can be tube or solid state.

An amplifier is just the amplifier itself and it can be tube or solid state.

What I think you want to do is to ad an outboard amp and let your Denon receiver act as the preamp/processor. For HT duty and music, I would get a solid state amp.

Bill

Hi Bill, I have been looking at a few on ebay, Nad, Cambridge, any ones you recommend? I was looking for a 5 channel amp. Let me know Thanks for Your help.

What is the max you can afford? I/we can help serve you better if we knew your budget. Where is your location?

Bill

To be honest, for $250.00, your choices are limited. I would recommend you hold out a little longer and save up about $350.00 to $450.00 more and get you one of these.

http://www.emotiva.com/xpa3.shtm or http://www.emotiva.com/xpa3.shtm.

Many on this forum and other forums can attest to their build quality and sound quality. Emotiva is right at the top of the heap for best bang for the buck status.

Here is an affordable used 2 channel amp that should mate well with Polks though I would not recommend this with Klipsch speakers.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1266605682&/Adcom-GFA-555-Stereo-Amplifier

Bill

Hey Bi, ll, Ive come acrossed a few amps on ebay, let me know what you think Adcom GFA 7300,Nad 906 6 channel,Denon 440 a Mono amp,rotel rmb 1048 8 channel amp,Rotel RB 956ax 6 channel amp,AMC 2N100-5 for 350 shipped.Adcom GFA 7000,nad multichannel 906 for 140.00. I can spend 300 if I need to to have a decent unit. Thanks for your help Bill. I appreciate it.