Hanging RS-42s...no stud....

Jakeg123

I am going to get a pair of RS-42s within the next week or so. I am planning on hanging them on the walls. Unfortunately, in the place that I want to hang them, there is no stud. If I were to hang them anywhere else, it would make them not sound as good. How should I go about hanging these 10 pound speakers on the drywall?

You should be able to go to your local home improvement store(L***S or HD) and find a huge assortment of drywall anchors. Some are even capable of holding up to 75lbs.

If you have the room, another thought would be to cut a say 17in x 17in piece of 7/16in plywood and screw it into the studs. Then secure your speaker to the plywood. Paint the plywood to your liking and picture frame it. You then have a secure mount that should easily pass the WAF.

Bill

"Unfortunately, in the place that I want to hang them, there is no stud."

He said where he wanted to hang them there was no stud. As you probably know, most wall studs are placed 16inches on center. A 17in. piece of plywood should overlap any studs and be able to be screwed to them.

Bill

Thanks for all of the information everyone! Unfortunately, i do not have enough space, or the extra money to buy stands for the RS-42s. I went to ace hardware and picked up some drywall anchors (10 pack for about $10). They say they can hold up to 90 pounds. I only need them to hold 10 pounds so i figure they should be okay. I am going to try them out and see how they are. If they seem solid, i'll keep them. If they seem a little unstable, there is no way I am taking the chance! If they don't work, I will try out some of your guy's other ideas! Also, I don't need to worry about WAF, I am only 14! [;)]